Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Re: Canon T2i...Can someone from Best Buy help!

Ignore that last blank post, sorry.  My computer went haywire.

When I bought the T2i in store, it had 18 months no interest financing.  Since then, the deal has seemingly gone up to 24, and now 36 months.  Am I locked in to the 18 month financing, or can I change it to the extended 36 month deal?

I can easily pay the balance off in 18 months (likely even sooner than that), but I was just curious.

Highlighted

I finally went in and purchased my T2i today. Hooray!

Here's my story:

I went in to the local Best Buy by my work (during my lunch) to see if there were any in stock and the store didn't have any on hand. They offered to order one for me but I asked if I could purchase it there and pick it up in another store that had one available. There were 2 or 3 Best Buys out of the 10 or so in my area that had at least one available for purchase so I went ahead and bought everything at the store I went to and picked up the camera at another store.

I ended up purchasing the camera with the kit lens, the 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens, a 16GB class 10 SDHC memory card, a camera bag, a USB card reader, a UV filter (which was pretty much thrown in), and the 4 year extended warranty with accidental damage protection for a touch under 2K.

I ended up getting the 18 months of no interest financing with my Best Buy card since they said the 36 month deal was online only, but they said to give HSBC a call to see if they could extend the 36 month deal to my purchase. If they don't it's no big deal since I'll most likely pay it off within a year, but it would be nice to have that cushion in case anything happens.

Anyway, the Best Buy staff was very nice and now I'm excited to go home and play with my new toy. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Has anybody gotten their pre-order yet? I'm thinking of ordering online to get the 36 months no interest so I'm curious if anybody has gotten theirs.

My 5 nearest Best Buy stores were showing they had them in stock a few days ago, but they have showed out of stock for the last couple days. I just called the nearest store to make sure, and they actually have two. I asked the associate if the 36 months was online only, and after he checked with somebody else he said it was in-store also. I had him place one on hold and I'm gonna go in, but I think he was mistaken about the 36-month in store. 

Highlighted

I still waiting on mind.  One of the key ( possible #1 ) reason for Bestbuy is for benifit for Bestbuy is for Rewards benifits.  I might just have to wait another month but that is not a big deal to me.  36 month financing is not desirable. I be find with 6 months or year.  Other stuff including warrentty is not desirable.  I still have my original Digital Rebel  ( 300D ) that I purchase with lens and stuff.  It still takes great pictures.  I might have purchase a warrenty but never used it.

In any case if the camera is broken, mostlikely by that time technology has change, I could get probably a 50M camera for around $500 by that time.

I would have got one at store last Wednesday if Bestbuy had one, but I waiting now.  It funny how not having it by the 21st eliminates the purchase.

Highlighted

Well I broke down and purchase a  T2i today.  I also decided to get the protection plan - maybe this means that I will be travelling with it in the future.The salesperson indicated that if bestbuy can't fix - they replace it wilth a new one - I assume same level so does that mean a T3i or T4i if it fails or I drop it accidently in the sand.

Well a interesting thing about the purchase.  Is that I ask the guy about it - he check he system and indicated 2 in stock - so I got one with 18 months 0%., no big deal - I useully pay it off in less than ayear anyway. I did forget to do the rewards which I will be doing right now.

Highlighted

I'm still waiting for my preordered t2i, but in the meantime I've been looking around, and I'm now tempted to cancel my order in favor of the Nikon D5000. From what I've read, overall picture quality is supposed to be about the same as the t2i, maybe even a hair better. Tradeoff is that you get 12MP instead of 18MP, but low light on the D5000 (which uses the same sensor as the D90) is supposed to be a tad better. And some people might actually prefer 12MP since 18MP RAW consumes a lot of space.

And the D5000 also does HD video (720p 24fps), which still looks pretty good but takes up less drive space than the t2i video. It also uses an AVI format that is easier to edit on the PC. I believe the t2i MOV files use the quicktime codec, which can be a pain to work with on a PC.

For $50 less ($849) Best Buy is offering the D5000 with two lenses, the 18-55mm VR and the 55-200mm VR. And I can use the $50 I save towards the SB-600 speedlight.

Decisions....

Highlighted

I got to obmit the T2i is an awesome camera.  Last night I played around with some night photography and some of full 1080p HD movie and it was very easy.  As far as space goes - well the 18M is a lot more than old Digital Rebel 6M - but so amazed with the quality and space is much cheaper now and its not that big of deal.  For me, I already had a good selection of lens and flashes.

My guess one day Canon is coming out with a cheaper version of it rebel series offering 720p Vidio and less pixel size, probably to replaces the current XS series.

Overall Canon did an excelient job on this camera.  About the only thing I would proabbly desired is battery grip - I like the idea it supports rechargables and regualar batteries right out of box.

Highlighted

just notice that Bestbuy site change T2i from pre-order to purchase.  Only one store in my local area and not the one I purchase mind from.

Highlighted

I got an email from Best Buy stating that my t2i has shipped!

Highlighted

Just to provide closure, I wanted to post that my T2i pre-order arrived today. Of course, UPS showed up just as I was leaving for work, so I won't get to play with it until tomorrow morning.