Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Re: Canon T2i...Can someone from Best Buy help!

yahoo! i just got mine today my new Canon T2i (First DSLR)..this is really cool Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@JimmyHendricks wrote:

I called a couple of stores.  One had them, another had them in transit, and another was sold out with more on the way.  They are definitely shipping to stores, so be sure to call ahead.

I have two (probably) silly questions about the T2i, and I guess DSLR cameras in general:

1:  I guess I'm just used to it with all the "regular" digital cameras, but is there any way to zoom on a DSLR without turning the lens yourself?  Meaning, is there a button you can push that will zoom the lens for you?  The T2i manual simply asks you to turn the "zoom dial" or something to that effect.  I have no problem doing it (and actually enjoy doing it manually) but wondered if there was an automatic way.

2:  Does Canon (or some other third party) sell some kind of external power cord for the DSLR cameras?  Again, I'm going to be using the T2i a lot for video and don't want the battery to die after 20 minutes of the family opening Christmas presents, if you know what I mean.

Again, I'm almost a complete novice with these cameras, so any information, brief or detailed, would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

1. No automatic zoom on any SLR.

2. Canon sells a CA-PS700 power adapter to plug the T2i into the wall. Its $65 from Canons online store.

Should mention that video duration is limited on dslr's with video capability. T2i is maxed out to about 12min on 1080.

Should mention that video duration is limited on dslr's with video capability. T2i is maxed out to about 12min on 1080.

I thought that I had read that the limit was 29 minutes in a single shot for the US version. The 550d/T2i sold in Europe has a smaller, arbitrary limit (maybe the 12 minutes you mentioned) on video in order to not be classified as a video camera and therefore not be subject to additional taxes.

Highlighted

To clarify, you can shoot for 12 minutes. Stop and shoot for another 12 correct?

Highlighted

@jhofer wrote:

To clarify, you can shoot for 12 minutes. Stop and shoot for another 12 correct?

I believe that is correct. You should be able to get approximately 12 minutes of recording time at 1080p for every 4GB on your memory card, so you should be able to get 4 12-minute clips on a 16GB card. Although, most of the time I don't expect to have video clips as long as 12 minutes.

Highlighted

@Edgar_in_Indy wrote:

I thought that I had read that the limit was 29 minutes in a single shot for the US version. The 550d/T2i sold in Europe has a smaller, arbitrary limit (maybe the 12 minutes you mentioned) on video in order to not be classified as a video camera and therefore not be subject to additional taxes.

I believe the limitation is due to the file system of the memory card. I believe it's FAT32 or something similar as the file-size limit is 4GB, and it just so happens that 12 minutes of 1080p video is approximately 4GB in size. You can most likely record for longer at lower resolution, but don't quote me on that. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Well I miss an oportunuity last week related to rewards and this camera, so I think I am going to wait for next oportunity.  Besides it probably just better to wait until it cools down.

Highlighted

I preordered my camera on 2/19 and I have yet to receive my camera.  If it were not for Best Buy's financing options, I don't think I'll ever preorder from them ever again.  It's taking FOREVER for my camera to arrive.  

I ordered weeks before anyone else with express shipping yet I'm still sitting here with no camera while people who ordered after me have received their cameras.  This is one consumer that probably won't return to Best Buy for gadgets once this camera is paid off.  

Highlighted

Stopped by one of my local Best Buys today and they had a display model that wasn't on display. I got to play with it and check out some other lenses. The clerk said they didn't have any more, but said they may be getting another one this week (he didn't know if it was already reserved for another customer though). He said I could order one and probably get it this week. I'm very tempted especially with the 3 years of interest free financing.

Come to think of it I forgot to ask if any of the other Best Buys in the area had any in stock. Doh!

Highlighted