Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Re: Canon T2i...Can someone from Best Buy help!

Wow.. surprised that a link to a BLOG with a camera's stock status was against forum guidelines.  I just read (again) the forum guidelines, and the only thing even CLOSE was specific prices, which is not a link to a blog.   The blog even listed Best Buy as a retail source.

Sad.

Highlighted

i called three different stores in my area and one said that they might be getting some in thursday. I wasn't able to hold one, but i'll definitely be calling thursday afternoon.

Highlighted

that is truly awesome to know that someone can luck out and walk in to a store and buy one while someone who has had one on preorder for well over a month is still waiting. Nice work Best Buy, yet another example of great customer service.

Highlighted

@jeffster wrote:

that is truly awesome to know that someone can luck out and walk in to a store and buy one while someone who has had one on preorder for well over a month is still waiting. Nice work Best Buy, yet another example of great customer service.

In my opinion there are many other places to go online besides Bestbuy and stores should have the priority.  That is why I  getting one from bestbuy - because I can walk in and get it.

Highlighted

Umm, I would disagree. I wanted to get it in the store but I also didn't want to have to camp out on their doorstep every morning to see if they had stock. But hey, if BB thinks it is better to operate that way, so be it, that is their choice. It is my choice to spend my money elsewhere then.

Highlighted

jeffster... agrees.  This is why most of us are unhappy.  When I was told to go to a store to place an order, I went to customer service.  They told me I had to go to the camera dept. Ok, camera dept then told me that the camera is not released yet, so I need to go to customer service.  I explained that I had been there, so the girl walked over.  Customer service looked in the computer and saw a few in transit.  This is where things got interesting.

"Sorry, " I was told.  I can't hold one. "Why not?" I asked.  I was told that another number on the screen, the number in the warehouse, had to be more 0.  I asked why, and was told that they are shipped direct from the warehouse to the store, and they don't show up as 'in transit' since they especially for you.  She said the store doesn't even know they have these coming.  "OK," I ask, "then why can't I hold or pay for one in transit?"  She said, "There is no way to tell if it's spoken for."  After a few minutes of questions, I got nowhere.  I asked how they could be spoken for if there is no way to hold or pay for the item, and  the first statement I was told was correct.

My wife has worked in retail at Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma, and even she was astounded.  She started arguing for me, because of the ridiculous statements being made.  Comparatively, Best Buy doesn't seem to have 'Customer Service', but more like 'Customer Control."  

Overall, the different situations that people are reporting are what DON'T make sense.  Whether or not the employees at stores that are either holding the camera for people, letting them purchase one 'in transit', or selling the camera already are going to get in trouble is anyone's guess.

Perhaps Best Buy is trying to amass a small stockpile prior to selling the camera so that it has more likelihood of staying in stock rather than being released and then being sold out.

Whatever is going on, it's not good for the customer.

Highlighted

in-store customer service has been absolutely no help to me. they couldn't tell me anything. you can't do anything until the store shows that they are in-stock.

i guess it's not their fault, but it's certainly frustrating.

Highlighted

Since I can't edit my previous post...

I got a hold of a store that has them in stock, but they cannot give me one until March 29th...

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Canon has likely set a street date for BB to sell them, then.

Highlighted

You want a great update to this fiasco?  Bear with me here, it's complicated, but worth reading.

Yesterday, I went into my local Best Buy to purchase 'God of War III' for my Playstation 3.  Out of curiosity, I check out the cameras.  Low and behold, right there on display, price marked $899.99, is the T2i (kit with lens), feature/specs card and all.  I approach the sales associate, who says that they only have the 'display' copy in, and that the cameras they can sell have not arrived yet.  Of course, we could debate the absurdity of having a display copy ON DISPLAY with no actual product to sell, but........

The associate looked underneath and voila!  There was ONE T2i in stock.  I explained that I had preordered online and was told it would be the 29th before I got it, and he had no explanation why they had it and online didn't.  Okay, no big deal, I'll just buy the camera in store, right?

Right? 

Wrong.

I had used my Best Buy credit card to purchase the camera online, and he instructed me to go to customer service and have them cancel that order and then buy their camera in store.  That sounded easy enough.  I went to customer service, pulled up my conformation e-mail on my phone (with order number) and had the woman at the desk call and cancel it.  It goes through, and I immediately get an e-mail on my phone telling me so.

They take the T2i to the registers, ring it up (it is somehow $20 more in store than preorder online, even with the 'taxes' to the online order, but I don't care at this point), and I'm about to become the proud owner of a Canon T2i camera.

And........

VOILA!  My BB credit card is declined!  Why?  Because, they tell me, it "typically takes a day or so" for a cancelled order to be refunded back to my card.  You would think that this would be brought up much eariler than right now, huh?  Plus, "refunded"?  I had remembered that my confirmation e-mail clearly stated that no charges would be applied until the product actually ships.  So nice of them to charge me for something they won't ship me until a month later, eh?  I pull up my BB credit card account, and sure enough, I don't have enough credit for another $960 camera purchase.  Now, granted, there are people with several THOUSAND dollars of credit, but I only have $1000, and thus don't have enough on my account. 

I ask them if they can hold the camera.  Despite what others here have said, sure they can, until the end of THAT DAY's business.  Well, that isn't going to work if it takes 24 hours for my refund for a camera I never received hasn't cleared yet, is it?  I check my account the rest of the evening and nope, it hasn't cleared off.  I checked just before typing this, and it STILL hasn't cleared.  I'm not going to use my VISA on it....I wanted the 24 month no interest financing, but to no avail. 

I called the store moments ago, and the cameras associate says that there are none in stock, they sold that one T2i "first thing" this morning.  Something tells me that it was the associate who helped me yesterday who bought it, because he kept telling me how HE has wanted one for "months", and was pretty bummed to give it to me.  Eh.

So I cancelled my preorder online to buy the camera in store, and I couldn't buy it in store because I was CHARGED for my PREORDERED camera and it didn't immediately clear.  In a mouthful, I ended up with no Canon T2i.

Now, here's the funniest part--I'm really not all that upset about it.  I took all of this as a sign that maybe I shouldn't be dropping $1000 on a camera anyway.  I find it completely amazing that I would be charged for a preorder, though.

So yeah, the stores are getting them in, and keep my story in mind if you preordered online with your BB card and want to go in and take a look.  Best of luck to all of you.