Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Re: Canon T2i...Can someone from Best Buy help!

What complicates it is vendors selling out their distributors. Canon looks at this as they can:

• A. Give an ETA and not meet it, and have customers mad at both them and BB.
  • B. Keep mum about it and let customers get mad at BB.
Highlighted

Sorry, I am not buying your pitch on this being Canon fault.

BB Canada Has it.

All our local Camera Stores have it. (Where I have purchased it already).

Each time I stop at the local camera store they still have them in stock, (and say they are selling like hotcakes)

The entire thread for me is based on the miscommunication from BB.

They can fix it or address it.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

I was giving that as a reason for the store employees not knowing when it will be in.

If these are selling so well, what logic would there be for BB to sit on a large inventory of them? Someone mentioned they may have a large stock of the older model. That's a legitimate reason. Apple always does that. They stop shipments of older products to stores before the release of a new product, so they don't have two products competing with each other.

Highlighted

I think it obvious that no best buy is selling it yet in USA,  if so I would expect someone would have mention it here.

I putting my bets on next week.

Highlighted

Yeah, I agree that Best Buy is holding off on selling the T2i so they can squeeze as much out of the T1i and 7D before those markets become cannibalized by the T2i. It just doesn't make sense that one of the largest retailers in the U.S. would not get one of the hottest selling cameras on the market on it's release day.

Their in-store system said they would be receiving them on the 26th of February, and that day has come and gone without any word on stock. The in-store employees only seem to have this info so that is why they now have to guess when they're going to get them in stock.

The website is saying they'll be shipping at the end of March to early April, but why should be believe that when their in-store system is inaccurate? It seems like everything is up in the air with regards to the T2i being in stock in store.

If they didn't have the 24-months no interest deal I'd pick it up elsewhere.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

The in-stock date has no bearing on when the store will receive it.

Highlighted

@Nokia wrote:

The in-stock date has no bearing on when the store will receive it.

By that logic the "estimated arrival date" should have no bearing on when the store will ship it.

Makes sense to me.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

The in-stock date is not customer-facing, which is why it has no bearing on when the store will receive it. It's a date used internally by BB, and it doesn't mean what you think it means. Every product has an in-stock date, even if the store will never carry it.

The estimated arrival date is customer-facing.

Highlighted

I see. The in-stock date is internal and can have no relevance since they give everything an in-stock date even if they have no intention of carrying a product.

And the date they have as the estimated ship date can still be inaccurate as it's only an estimate.

Since you seem to be pretty well versed in the system maybe you could shed some light on the reason they're not selling the T2i while almost everyone else is. I mean it must be a good reason to be missing sales.

Do you think Canon is holding back inventory from Best Buy while giving it to everyone else including Best Buy Canada? 

Highlighted

Hello Bestbuy, now MacMall & Adorama have the body in stock. SAD.