Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Re: Canon T2i...Can someone from Best Buy help!

Like I said, if I have to wait until 3/29-4/3, that's fine.  I'm certainly not happy with that, but if that's how it's gonna work, I'll deal with it.

But I'll say it again--there better be no issues with "limited quantities", the camera better not be "out of stock" on March 30th, and I don't want to receive an e-mail about it being on "back order" or "high demand" and then have my ship date pushed back to April 25th or so.  I will immediately cancel my order if that happens, without hesitation.  

Highlighted

Mine has been purchased over the phone through the store.

I am getting one of the limited "In transit" ones in the coming day.

Kudo's to the staffer that took my call and suggested purchasing it via the telephone.

Top notch service.

Still would like someone from BB to reachout and see what they can learn from so many passionate customers

Highlighted

Well, I still haven't got a response from Customer Service. I'll tell you what though, if I get screwed and mine doesn't ship as stated, I will be done with BB for good. Not to sound like a jerk, but I have a significant discrectionary budget, so they can either come through or fail, but there are certainly a number of competitor options out there.

Highlighted

wow...they wouldn't let me do anything over the phone or in the store, i had to order online.

i'm going to be insanely upset if the camera is back ordered.

Highlighted

Elissa, I hear you. I ordered and paid for mine online on Feb 16th and my order still shows a ship date of March 28th. I am ok with that, though it is definitely behind everyone else, but what annoys me is that I submitted a question about my order on March 2nd and have received nothing back other than the automated reply. I don't do voice calls for 2 reasons, one my time is valuable and I refuse to wait on hold, and second (and more importantly), I want things documented. So far I am definitely not impressed with BB. I'll reserve final judgment, however, until March 28th.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Have you replied to the automated reply? If not, BB assumes the automated reply resolved your concern.

Highlighted

BestBuy.com has always shown the 3/29-4/3 ship/release window for the T2i.  We can take it or leave it.  Do I wonder why almost every other camera merchant has it in already, and BB does not?  Absolutely.  But in reality, we aren't owed a thing until two weeks from now.  If there are issues then, well, we have every right to question and be upset.  But BB.com has always had the same release date for the T2i, regardless of who else has it.  Yeah, it's frustrating, but I don't think you're going to get an answer as to why.  The most you will see is the seemingly automated response several pages back, repeating the 3/29-4/3 release timeframe.  

Do I want my camera?  Yes.  Do I wish that it would ship sooner?  Definitely.  But I placed my order being shown that I should not expect it until the 29th at the earliest.  For those of you asking questions....well, best of luck; but BB doesn't really owe us anything yet.  Yeah, some employee or phone rep might have told/speculated you on something different, but the website has always had the same dates.  Now, if you're asking other questions and not getting answers, then well, that is poor service on BB's part.  But I think that asking why it isn't in yet when we've been told from the outset that it isn't expected until 3/29, well, what do you expect?

I know I've been part of that very crowd, but I think that it's obvious that we aren't going to hear anything as to why BB doesn't have it yet.  Heck, we're now on page EIGHT of this thread, with one official automatic sounding response.  Be patient, and if you can't, buy it somewhere else.  And if the 29th comes and there are availability problems, then yes, be angry.  I know I will be.  But until then, I'm going to patiently wait it out.

Highlighted

Actually that ship date is just an estimate so you will still have no right to be upset if the camera doesn't ship by then.

Highlighted

well i'll be upset, not mad, and not particularly at BB. 

I'll be upset simply because i'm anxious to get my camera, if it turns out i have to wait an extra month, of course i will, but i'll be diappointed. I think anyone would be.

I don't know why they are the last to release the camera, but there's nothing i can do about it.

Highlighted

Look, if they fulfill some orders and not others or give preference for any reason other than how long the order has been in, then yes we do have a reason to be mad. Like I said, I'll wait until the date on my order and if it doesn't ship, I'll cancel and buy from someone else. Its not like there is a cost savings going through BB. I have spent a lot of money there in the past 12 months but this is the first time I have ever preordered anything, so I am probably irritated just because their process and communication is severely lacking. I know with 100% certainty I will never preorder from them again, and whether I do business with them at all anymore is dependent on what happens here in 2 weeks. If it ships, then I'll be happy I got it, but not happy with the process, if it doesn't, then I'll be irritated and just spend my money elsewhere. I am certainly not losing sleep over it.