Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Canon - EOS Digital Rebel T1i

Hi! I want to buy Canon - EOS Digital Rebel T1i 15.1-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera - Black, and on bestbuy website says: "digital camera that features an 18-55mm image stabilized zoom lens" But when I come to store, I saw this camera and this kit lens without IS. How it can be?? is it different products, in local store and in online store?? Thank You. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Canon - EOS Digital Rebel T1i

They either had the wrong lens on the camera or you weren't looking at it properly. If there's a switch on the lens that says "Stabilizer" above it, then it has IS. If there is no switch, there is no IS. The camera is sold with that lens in a kit so if you do buy the kit, you get that lens.

Highlighted

I don't know what the lens was there, but "Stabilizer" or something like this isn't on it , and the bestbuy worker said that this kit camera doesn't have IS. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@_Hungry wrote:

I don't know what the lens was there, but "Stabilizer" or something like this isn't on it , and the bestbuy worker said that this kit camera doesn't have IS. 

Ask to see an unopened box that includes the kit.  If it claims that the lens has IS, purchase the unit and open the box in the parking lot to verify that it is an IS lens.  Hard for them to argue that you pulled a swap if you come immediately back from the parking lot.  (The longer you wait to open, verify, and return, the harder it is to return an "inconsistent" unit.)

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@_Hungry wrote:

The non-IS version of the lens that comes in the kit hasn't been sold in some time. If they put a non-IS lens on there, and it is the older varient no longer sold in kits, then they simply had one of the older lenses laying around in the junk pile and used it instead of opening up an actual kit to use the lens. The current kit lens IS the one with Image Stabilization. The older lenses were sold with the original Digital Rebel and Digital Rebel XT which are no longer sold except as used products.