Add Product

Search Results:

Cannon Vixia HF20 Blu-ray

I am unable to import the Canon HF20 video into "Sony Vegas 9" high-definition video editing software.  I am not able to verify that the Sony software nor my computer sees the Canon camcorder.  The Sony software is compatable with the AVCHD format, as well as other formats.  I am using the internal 32GB of memory to record.  How do I accomplish this? 

I have successfully imported the video from the Canon camcorder into the Canon software, but cannot burn a blu-ray from it.  This indicates my computer does see the camcorder.

Recognized Member

Re: Cannon Vixia HF20 Blu-ray

Make sure the Canon is plugged into the wall as well as the USB port.  Make sure the Canon is in "Play" mode.  Turn it on.  Windows Vista and 7 will recognize just like any other storage device.  An older OS may also but I haven't personally tried it.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like some sort of issue with Vegas if the Canon software works.

I haven't tried Vegas myself, I decided that rather than go down the piracy route I'd use kdenlive on my Linux box instead this time around.

If you don't intend to edit the files, there's a way (that involves doing some file renaming) to burn the AVCHD files to a Blu-Ray and have it play.  I don't remember the details, I think the info might be linked to from the AVCHD Wikipedia page?

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.
Recognized Member

@Entropy wrote:

Sounds like some sort of issue with Vegas if the Canon software works.

I haven't tried Vegas myself, I decided that rather than go down the piracy route I'd use kdenlive on my Linux box instead this time around.

If you don't intend to edit the files, there's a way (that involves doing some file renaming) to burn the AVCHD files to a Blu-Ray and have it play.  I don't remember the details, I think the info might be linked to from the AVCHD Wikipedia page?

Since you mentioned the piracy thing, I Googled a bit and it seems the cracked version of Vegas is not able to import AVCHD files.

It is a bit odd though that the OP states his computer doesn't recgnize the drive either but the Canon software does ...