Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

CANON OR NIKON??

I am in turmoil as to whether the canon rebel 2 or the nikon of equal value is better.  Do you prefer the canon or the nikon or is there enough difference to matter?  I am looking at the 50-200 lens and a wide angle lens do I need the added flash with it?  I do family pictures and weddings.  I wouldn't consider myself professional, but am interested in going that direction later.  Help.  I want the best deal but I am also very interested in the better quality pictures. 

Highlighted

Re: CANON OR NIKON??

Canon or Nikon... the difference is absolutely minute.  Both systems have a wide-range of camera bodies and lens.  Both systems are very robust.  Both systems are very well supported.  It all broils down to personal style and preferences.  Go to the store and test them out.  Take the one you feel comfortable with.  You can really go wrong with either one.  Good luck.

Highlighted

I meant you can't go wrong with either one.  Sorry for the typo.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@shmchan wrote:

Canon or Nikon... the difference is absolutely minute.  Both systems have a wide-range of camera bodies and lens.  Both systems are very robust.  Both systems are very well supported.  It all broils down to personal style and preferences.  Go to the store and test them out.  Take the one you feel comfortable with.  You can't really go wrong with either one.  Good luck.

This.

@victoriainspire wrote:

I am in turmoil as to whether the canon rebel 2 or the nikon of equal value is better.  Do you prefer the canon or the nikon or is there enough difference to matter?  I am looking at the 50-200 lens and a wide angle lens do I need the added flash with it?  I do family pictures and weddings.  I wouldn't consider myself professional, but am interested in going that direction later.  Help.  I want the best deal but I am also very interested in the better quality pictures. 

You really need an external flash (or 2 or 3) to do formals and at the reception. During the ceremony, more than likely flash isnt allowed. I could count on one finger the number of churches I would had been allowed to use a flash during the ceremony. I just rely on my fast lenses and D3's & D700's higher ISO quality for the ceremony and if I need more reach one of my D300's works fine with the 70-200.

Weddings can be fun to shoot. But beware, unlike a family portrait, a wedding is a one shot deal and cant be redone. Screw it up and you could land on the bad end of a lawsuit. Make sure you have insurance to protect you if you decide to go on with professional wedding photography.  

One big difference between Nikon and Canon is Nikon lenses can cost a bit more.

Thanks so much that's what I needed to hear.  Have a good one

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

In the more "reasonable" price range, the D90 was well regarded for high ISO (low light) noise performance, and one of the lower end units may use the same sensor.

For Canon, the 5D MkII has great noise performance (due to being full frame) but is VERY expensive.

Pentax K-x is also a great value right now - excellent noise performance (I think top end of its price range), but it's a more limited system with fewer glass choices.

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.