Add Product

Search Results:

AVCHD converter

I got a Sony Cybershot DSC - TX 9 camera, and the video shots the files in AVCHD.

Windows seems to have a lot of trouble with this file format, does anyone know a good free file converter to MPEG-4 - that doesn't result in a loss of quality?

-
Have Glop, will Glope...
Trusted Contributor

Re: AVCHD converter

@hipityglop wrote:

I got a Sony Cybershot DSC - TX 9 camera, and the video shots the files in AVCHD.

Windows seems to have a lot of trouble with this file format, does anyone know a good free file converter to MPEG-4 - that doesn't result in a loss of quality?

AVCHD is MPEG-4...  MPEG-4 AVC video, AC3 audio in an MPEG transport stream.

AC3 audio in the MPEG-4 container format is a bit iffy, but commandline ffmpeg might do the trick:

ffmpeg -acodec copy -vcodec copy -i somevideo.m2ts somevideo.mp4

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.

Re: AVCHD converter

From Wikipedia, I found the following paragraph:

AVCHD, produced by Sony and Panasonic, is a file-based format for the digital recording of high-definition video. Usually, the file extension of AVCHD video is .mts or .m2ts. Some video players like VLC can play it directly on Windows and Mac.

After a little bit of digging, I found a wonderful AVCHD Converter named Faasoft AVCHD Converter from Macrumors.

This software supports converting AVCHD files recorded by Panasonic, Sony, Cannon or other camcorders to MP4 format without quality loss. And it also supports to convert AVCHD to to AVI, AVCHD to MOV, AVCHD to WMV, AVCHD to ASF, AVCHD to FLV, AVCHD to WebM, AVCHD to OGV, etc.

Hope it will help you more or less.