Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

eGift card failed authorization + not refunded

Hello, I am having a similar problem as these users:

https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/BestBuy-com/eGift-Card-Authorization-Failed/m-p/1321303/highlight/true...

https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/BestBuy-com/Gift-card-failed-authorization/m-p/1291071/highlight/true#...

https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Other-Customer-Service-Support/eGift-card-failed-authorization/m-p/128...

1. I tried to make a purchase on Bestbuy.com using 3 eGift cards
  2. The purchase went through
  3. I received an email that said "we're unable to process your payment"
  4. I cancelled the order
  5. The funds haven't returned to 2 of my 3 gift cards

I have called BestBUy support and Cashstar support mutliple times. They keep sending me to each other. It's insane

Highlighted

Re: eGift card failed authorization + not refunded

Same!!!!  Only one gift card for me and no refund.  Back and forth I go between support.  Please report back if and how you get this resolved.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear it. It looks like we'll be waiting for an invitation to DM a mod. The last thread looks like it took ~12 days Smiley Sad

I've also posted on Reddit, but I don't think they monitor that. Feel free to follow along anyway:

{removed per forum guidelines}

I have to say, the painfulness of checking out and using / reusing gift cards, plus the difficulty in getting support, makes me really wary of shopping here again. Not trying to guilt anyone, but this is such an awful customer experience.

Highlighted

When I cancelled the order it made the items unavailable for 1 hour in store pick up, so I just purchased elsewhere. I received the e-gift card from selling back old items to Best Buy...I'm done with that.  $250 plus...gone...hopefully just temporarily.  Live and learn I suppose.
Highlighted

Yeah I'm out $176 in gift cards. Disastrous. I just spent 30min arguing with Bestbuy.com chat support.

When they finally let me escalate my case to the manager, the manager couldnt help either. 7-10 days to wait for my refund.

I asked where I could file a formal complaint or dispute -- they said they don't have any process for that. Like i said...insane!

Highlighted

I checked my gift card balance and finally it's been refunded.  I'm tempted to just buy something before it changes....maybe a playstation card and just fund that account.  Better than going to use the card in a month and having it not work again...  Good luck, hope yours is resolved soon.

Highlighted

Thanks for posting -- I just checked mine, and both were refunded too! And I got a good deal on a new TV. So all's well that ends well.