Add Product

Search Results:

Waiting for $3K Refund for Defective Range Return

[ Edited ]

I remodeled my kitchen and ordered all new appliances from BestBuy.com. Microwave, Refrigerator, Dishwasher - all good. The range however was defective (they tested the oven, but not the stove top). It took days to eventually be picked up for return the Saturday before Thanksgiving, and a replacement was ~3 weeks away.  I went online to Costco, found a higher end model, and had it installed by that Tuesday.

Now the fun starts. I have the range, 2 cords, and extended warranty totallying $2955.03 to be refunded and get nothing but the runaround in over 7 calls to support. They say wait for my next billing cycle. I ordered and was charged on 10/20, installed on 11/12, reported problem 11/13, home visit 11/15 to validate stove top not working, then 11/17 to pick up the range. It's now 11/28.

I disputed the charge with my credit card company. The bigger issue here is that Best Buy thinks that processing a return should take 30+ day, particularly after failing me with a defective device and taking 6 days to come get it. I don't, and will no longer be a Best Buy customer. 

{removed per forum guidelines}

Re: Waiting for $3K Refund for Defective Range Return

It's December 3rd and I've received no response, no update, no refund. 

Highlighted

It's December 6th and no refund, no call. One update though, I did get an automated email about my 2nd update on my string asking if it solved my question. Bank has confirmed my $3K disputed charge. Very sad commentary on Best Buy customer service.

It's December 10, no communication, no refund. Since phone calls and posting on the support blog haven't received a positive outcome, I will try a couple other things. I'll write a letter to Best Buy and contact some local consumer rights news organizations to share my expeirence trying to get my $3K back for a defective range that was returned to Best Buy. 

My last two contacts finally reached somone who could take action - The General Admin or Gen Admin/Backoffice person I was forwarded to from custoemr service processed the return on a termainal there and my credit card received on 12.10.  Glad this is over with and so suprised how badly this experience been. And the.unfortunate feeling that Best Buy doesn't care. 

Folks trying to get your online credit for a return - ask support to send you to Gen Admin.

To any Best Buy employees read any of this string - it's unfortunate no one reached out to me here or direcly at any point through this expeirence.