Add Product

Search Results:

Valued Member
Accepted Solution

WD 850 1TB M.2 has an invalid serial number

WD BLACK SN850 NVMe Gaming 1TB PCIe Gen 4 x4 Internal Solid State Drive WDBAPY0010BNC-WRSN - Best Bu...

Can't register this and have submitted a request th WD but no resolution as of yet.

Thsi came in a sealed box and works fine. But without a valid serial number there is no warranty.

Topics: 1,705
Kudos: 859
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 339

Re: WD 850 1TB M.2 has an invalid serial number

There is an App called Crystal Disk Info which can tell you specs about your SSD and even display the serial number of the drive. Due to forums guidelines I cannot provide a link to this utility but it works as it should to display the basic info.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Recognized Member

I would exchange if I were you.

Valued Member

I returned it!
Valued Member

Re: WD 850 1TB M.2 and 770 has an invalid serial number

Up to two BB products from WD with an invalid serial number.
Topics: 1,705
Kudos: 859
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 339

@ETP wrote:
Up to two BB products from WD with an invalid serial number.

If this is a recurring theme and you are not getting anywhere calling, try the Western Digital online community forums located here: https://community.wd.com/

They may be able to have someone who directly represents the company assist you with this. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Valued Member

Thanks! Posted a topic so we will see what happens.
Valued Member

Nothing so far that has value. There is a serious issue going on with these new products at BB in factory sealed boxes. The first thing I do when I buy a product is register it and not do a 5 star review. Wonder if the ones sold at WD site have the same issue.