Add Product

Search Results:

Totally conned by Best buy Staff

On November 11th after much research, I drove down to the Best Buy in Lady Lake, Florida to buy a camera.  The website said that store had them in stock.  The salesperson in Best Buy told me that they did not have the camera in stock and my response was thanks, I'll see about ordering it on Amazon Prime.  His response was that he could do the order with one day delivery, I wasn't too sure but he convinced me that I would get the camera quicker than with Amazon Prime.  

That evening, I received an email from Best Buy telling me that there was an order delay and that typically the order would be processed with 7 days - no good to me as I am leaving the country on Tuesday 18th for 3 weeks.  So I tried to cancel the order online.  It would not let me, so next morning I went down to the store to cancel the order.  There I was told that the order could not be cancelled because the camera had already shipped.  UPS tell me that only the label has been printed.  

Last night I received an email telling me the camera will be delivered today but the tracking number still shows only that the label has been printed, nothing else.  I have made two phone calls to the complaints at Best Buy because if this camera does not arrive before next Tuesday, it will be sat on my doorstep for 3 weeks.  I am new to the area so don't know the neighbors, I cannot get past the ROBOTS at UPS, all I get from them is to check with the shipper..... THIS IS SO BLOODY FRUSTRATING, all because a Salesman wanted a bit of commission and told me I would get the camera in with 1 day delivery.  I could end up over $400 out of pocket if the camera gets damaged outside or stolen.   Please, please let me know if there is anyway I can do something about this, your telephone representatives are very sympathetic but not much use.

Highlighted

Re: Totally conned by Best buy Staff

Googieb12

This sounds frustrating for sure.  Best Buy sales folks do not work on commission at all and have not for a very long time if they ever did.  If they thought you would get it the next day that is what they really thought and the computer said the get by date was showing.  I always advise to call 1 (888) 237-8289 so they can track the item and see what is going on, you will want the Support line.  

It could be passed off to another delivery method like USPS and oddly this year UPS is marking these as "Delivered" when it is really just passed off.  Also it could have went to what is called an "Asset point" which is a place of business noted by UPS to be safe so you can come pick up your item without the worry of it walking off your front porch.  

I do hope you will find the information soon.

I hope this helped

Re: Totally conned by Best buy Staff

Thanks for responding Christy, I made 3 long phonecalls to BestBuy and one long phone call to UPS yesterday.  I eventually found out that UPS had not received the package even though the operators at Best Buy said they had.  My final call to a young man called Adzell resulted in a suspected error at the warehouse and the item has been placed on reorder and I would receive it today.  Last night I received an email from UPS Quantum to say the original item would be delivered today but this morning received an email from Best Buy to say there is a delay on the order.  Best Buy assured me yesterday that the problem was not a shortage of cameras.  So I am still in the same position.  I give up and just hope that either one or both of these orders arrive before I leave the country next week.  I will never, ever order anything again through Best Buy.