11-30-2022 09:46 AM
The Best Buy app is in such a poor state that it is almost unusuable.
Each time I log in, I'm forced to change my password, even if I just changed it moments ago. This is especially frustrating since it automatically logs me out every time I attempt to check out. I'm running out of passwords to create.
Additionally, the app frequently crashes or give error messages when simply clicking/touching on an item.
Sometimes the search function doesn't work at all. I'll enter something in the field, press search, and it'll just do nothing at all.
Best Buy has lost out on thousands of dollars worth of purchases from me because it's such a frustrating experience to simply try to purchase something in the app. I would use the website but it won't log me in while I'm at work (I assume BB is assuming my work connection is utilizing a VPN).
11-30-2022 09:55 AM
Update: I just went to my purchase history to find a product and after I clicked See details I was logged out yet again. This is by far the worst purchasing experience of any of the major retailers I use.
11-30-2022 10:02 AM
Update 3: I finally get to the checkout phase and my cards on file are gone.
This is an absolute nightmare.
11-30-2022 10:22 AM
Welcome to our forums! Buying items on our app should be easy, so I can understand your concern when you are asked to change your password continually. Here are a few tips to help you with your issue
Once you've been able to successfully log in, it is important to not access our site using a different option, or it could cause the resets to occur again. If you are unable to get a successful log in, please send me a private message with your full name, phone number, and email address, and I can review some other options with you. To send me the message, you can use the button in my signature below.
11-30-2022 11:31 AM
- I'm not using a VPN on my phone or when I use the site at home, where the issues are also present. There isn't a VPN being used when I'm at work either but the Best Buy site and app seem to think there is, as I can't even log into my account while on my work network.
- I am manually entering my passwords. Even if I wasn't, it isn't a case of outdated passwords as I've had to change it multiple times within minutes of each other.
- I'm not using an ad blocker.
- I'm not using a hosting service.
- I'm only using my ISP when on my phone or at home.
- Every time I'm prompted to change my password I have to change it to something new because it doesn't allow the reuse of previous passwords.
- I'm only logging into the site on one device at a time.
12-01-2022 08:56 AM
If you would like me to submit a help desk ticket for this issue, please private message me with: