Add Product

Search Results:

Stuck in account verify loop

Hello,

I generally can make purchases during the week without any issues.  But as soon as I enter a queue for a popular item I wait in line and it repeatedly asks me to veryify account but it never does.  I've tried signing out, different browser, mobile app, it does it every single time.

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated!!

Re: Stuck in account verify loop

I'm having the exact same issue -- missed multiple deals because of it, extremely frustrating.

I am having the same problem, and spent nearly an hour on the phone with 4 support agents without resolution. The details are...

I am logged in via the web and an Android app, and can successfuly add ordinary items to my shopping cart without issue, including no waiting line or verification step. All good!

The issue is that I'm interested in a "high-demand" nVidia RTX graphics card, and when any model of that card briefly appears to be available and I click Add To Cart, the web site displays a dialog saying that I've been placed into a Waiting Line that might last several minutes, and then it displays a follow-on dialog with a blue button that says I need to Verify My Account. When I hit the Verify My Account button, nothing happens for a minute, then I get returned to the waiting line dialog. I'm stuck in a "wait > verify > wait > verify > wait" sequence of dialogs, and I can never get the item fully into my cart for purchase.

Last week I I successfully went thru the wait dialog, and then the verify dialog where I had to type in a verification code sent to me via SMS. But the process took just long enough that the item went out of stock before I could get one in my cart.

Agents 1, 2 and 3 were quick to pass the buck, and agent 4 really tried to get to the bottom of things, even though his speciality was dealing with products damaged in shipping. Agent #4 was surprised my problem was transferred to him, but I give him kudos for trying. He did ask around, and was told the wait/verify loop is a known bug that occurs when the system gets too busy on a high-demand item.

The web site team really needs to fix this issue.

--tg

Ive had the same issue including today. Im trying to build a mining rig but this has held me back for 2 months now. Ive tried different computers, different networks, different browsers and it just doesnt seem to work. What is going on?!

Contributor

Also having the same issue. Beyond Furstrating.

I even made it as far as having a ASUS 3090 in my cart only for it to go "JUST KIDDING" not available anymore. 

When will Best Buy get it together?

Contributor

BestBuy.com Issues (Verify Account Loop)

The website flaws are beyond unacceptable.

I should not be able to click on a high demand item, wait in an imaginary line, verify my account, be informed said item is being held for 10 minutes for me to add to my cart only to add it to my cart and then be told "SORRY NOT AVAILABLE".

Like what the heck?

Then I go back and try again and get stuck in a "verify account" loop.  Didnt matter what web broser I tried or if i tired if on the mobile app it would add me to the imaginary line, ask me to verify my account, wait some more, then verify account.  Rinse and repeat.

For a multi billion dollar company this is completely and totally unacceptable.

It's very frustrating.  It's been going on for quite a while too.  I keep hearing about other people complaining about but not getting any sort of true response from Best Buy.