Add Product

Search Results:

Price match sham

I just purchased and picked up a spin bike at Best Buy, online order and local pickup on Friday (4 days ago). Today I see that Dick's has the exact same item available in 3 stores locally for $200 cheaper. In a chat I am told that Dick's is not an online retailer that is matched. But considering the stores are only a few hundred yards apart, they are local competition.

On the chat, the representative sounded like he was accepting that arguement, but when he returned he denied it because I could not order it for delivery online, even though I can order it for curbside or in store pickup.

This is the kind of policies that stores like to flaunt, but build in so many exceptions it is imposible to get them to agree to follow their policy. Honestly, you would think that after spending over $2k on an item, they wouldn't call my buff on if I would return it to the store and go buy the one across the street that will save me $200.

He did recommend I call the 888 number an discuss (argue?) with them for a while.

Really making me wonder if I should cancel the $300 order for another item I have with them arriving on Friday.

Valued Contributor

Re: Price match sham

The price match policy doesnt work that way.

They price match other retailers at time of purchace

They price match themselves during your return period

Fair enough. I see what you are saying. I guess the guy I interacted with on the chat should have known and communicated that.

Thanks.

@nckhammond wrote:
The price match policy doesnt work that way.

They price match other retailers at time of purchace

They price match themselves during your return period

I wanted to follow up.  Best Buy has dropped the price of this item twice since my purchase. The first time was over Thanksgiving, so it feel into the exclusion for that.  Today I checked and it has dropped again by the same amount ($200). I got a rep in an online chat. After supplying the order number they stated my item was a major appliance and outside the return window, even though the order shows it is in the extened Christmas return window.

It was not until I pointed this out that they knew there were no other fine print points that could be used to deny the price match and I was refunded the difference.

While my initial email may have been harsh based on the fact I was trying to get a post-purchase match due to a competitor price (a point I overlooked and the rep at that time did not make), it is clear they do try to initially deny requests in hopes the customer will not insist.

But, ultimately once I made my case, they provided the refund.

Thanks for reading.