Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Pre-Ordered Item Price Increase?

Hello!

I preordered the following on August 10th, 2019 and for $64.99 before tax and notice the price has increased to $74.99 before tax. I was wondering if my preorder will still be honored at the $64.99 price?

Link to item purchased:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-gears-5-kait-diaz-limited-edition-wireless-controller-fo...

Highlighted
Topics: 22
Kudos: 123
Solutions: 112

Re: Pre-Ordered Item Price Increase?

You should still expect to see the lower price. Conversely, if the price had lowered after you placed your pre-order, then you'd be charged the lower price instead. The Entertainment Pre-Order FAQs go into more detail about this below.

Q: Can you ensure the price listed at the time the pre-order is placed will remain the same?

A: Yes and no. When a price is assigned to a pre-ordered item, we are reasonably certain it will remain at that price. However, from time to time--given how far in advance we make items available to our customers--a price change will occur. If this happens, you will always receive the lower of the two prices. For example, if you order an item for $49.99 and the pre-order price is later dropped to $39.99, you will be charged only $39.99. If you ordered the item at $49.99 and the price rises to $59.99, you still pay only $49.99. When you place a pre-order, you are assured our lowest pre-release price.

I am a former Best Buy employee. While here to help, the opinions presented by me on this site do not represent the views or decisions of Best Buy and its affiliates. Authorized company representatives identified with -BBY after their names are able to address specific concerns or inquiries in greater detail.

Remember to Kudo a post if you like it, or Accept As Solution if it answers your query!