Add Product

Search Results:

PS5 Console shortage: order solution proposal

The PS5 console shortage has been miserable, and I've been checking BestBuy.com daily for months. I specifically want to order with BB over Amazon or other alternatives. However, it's clear the entire purchase process has been compromised by scalpers and bots. 

I propose that Best Buy create a simpler First In First Out (FIFO) order system that would allow us to 'pre-order' the console and just wait in line without having to try to scramble on the site constantly. The process map might look something like:

1. Customer completes order with credit card authorization, with the disclosure that systems will be shipped as they come in.

2. Customers can cancel these orders on the site if they so wish while waiting. 

3. When consoles are available, Best Buy fulfilles oldest FIFO orders in the system. Perhaps there is a second step of authorization by the customer, like a 24 hour window to verify they want the console.

4. Consoles sent. 

A process like this would be of tremendous benefit to a customer like me, who is tired of the shortage and just wants to wait in line for a console. And to be honest, the fact that Best Buy doesn't have a process like this in place has me rethinking buying my tech with you...not to be hyperbolic, but that sort of customer service is why we buy with you over Amazon. If it's the same online scramble to fight over the consoles in real time, then I'm inclined to go with Amazon for my consoles and Apple.com for my computers. 

Re: PS5 Console shortage: order solution proposal

I’ve been having same issue with Xbox x. I get notified when there’s an restock, click add to cart and of course there’s a shortage so I understand if I can’t get beyond that point. But the Best Buy website says “Once in your cart, act quick because it won’t be reserved until in checkout”. So today I finally got all the way through checkout, confirmed pick-up details only to be told it was out of stock. Best Buy needs to remove that misleading language from the website if it is indeed not reserved even when in the process of checkout.
Topics: 1,262
Kudos: 706
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 305

All consoles are first come, first serve basis. Putting an item in your cart does not reserve the item , the fastest finger to checkout will get it. This is a hot item and this would cause chaos to implement a system as such.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Got mine beyond the cart, through checkout. At that point, it should have been reserved as the website states.