Add Product

Search Results:

PLEASE STOP HOLDING MY MONEY FOR CANCELLED ORDERS

[ Edited ]

We tried to bought a laptop on 26th of November twice, with two different international credit cards (one Mastercard order num:{removed per forum guidelines} and one Visa order num: {removed per forum guidelines}. The first one we made on the phone, apparently the agent on the line wrote the email address wrong as I can see on the order status. It get cancelled. Second time, as we see it is not better to do it on the phone, we made it online, by using the TX billing address and everything. It also get cancelled.

It has been 8 days and the money is still not returned to the neither of the cards. When I called last time on the 1st of Dec(at 10:48 EST dur: 38min.), the agent(Jessy) I spoke to said it is scheduled to return on the 2nd of Dec. Still there is no return. Was he lying?? I wanted an email address where I can raise my concern from him as I am sick and tired of making international phone calls for nothing for more than 30minutes each time. But he said there is none!

When we spoke to banks, they said these provision transactions need to get cancelled from Bestbuy side and that they are not. If it is not get cancelled within the cutoff date, it will appear on our bank statement. So we need to pay for nothing!!

This is no different than theft! I get no service, but my money is on hold. Bestbuy is also stealing my time for something that it should solve immediately. IS IT SO HARD TO CANCEL THIS CREDIT CARD PROVISION TRANSACTION OR TO BE ABLE TO TALK TO SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP, PROVIDE OR SEND AN EMAIL ?!

Re: PLEASE STOP HOLDING MY MONEY FOR CANCELLED ORDERS

According to the banks, what they need is an authorization of release from Bestbuy and that it is not provided. They say they did not get authorization of cancellation so this needs to be provided them ASAP Smiley Sad 

Highlighted

Best buy like most companies get a Pre-Auth, a hold of funds, before shipping and charge once the item ships or is picked up. Most of the time in the case of a cancel order that drops within in a day by your financial institution when notified by the merchant. It sounds as if this is not the case, if it isn't drop I advised calling 1 (888) 237-8289 and support would be glad to reach out to your financial institution to help get that removed for you.

Good Luck

Hi, thanks for your reply. Both of the orders get cancelled immediately. The laptop was to be picked up from a store in NYC. Orders are cancelled, just holding the processed provision amount on the cards for 10days now. We also thought they will drop as it is just 'provision' and the cancellation should already be received by the banks and waiting to be processed. But the digital authorizations saying that the provisions are cancelled needs to be received by the banks are not received. And here in these banks the batch processes work every night and in case the seller makes that cancellation authorization it drops automatically during that process. We already spoke to that number of bestbuy and each time I have to wait 20minutes and then start to tell everything from scratch to someone apparently can not help, not even transfered to someone who can be of help. I am even said that the cancellation authorization is scheduled and will be received on the 2nd. I gave the call date and time, best buy can look into the records. But there is no change. Banks said if they do not receive the cancellation authorization it will be automatically processed within 17days. I mean from provision to real process of the amount, to be billed to us. I only need these transactions to get cancelled by the credit card department of best buy. It should not be that hard. I got orders cancelled by other firms in US and they were able to make the cancellation of the provision on the card the next day. I am pretty surprised how come such a big brand puts their customers in this kind of situation that they can not even reach an email address or speak to someone from the relevant department to raise their concerns. At least when you call once, they can open up a record and give a ticket number to you to follow the process. It would also be efficient for the agents on the phone, they spend hours asking the same questions each time. So frustrating :/