Add Product

Search Results:

COMPLAINT.

I placed an order for an open box certified excellent version of a laptop on December 25th, 2018. The money for the order was removed from my account the very next day, and my estimated delivery date was January 4th. From December 25th until yesterday, January 3rd, the only status on my order was 'Reserving item' . When it still had not updated by Wednesday, I was concerned at the utter lack of information being offered to me, but waited until Thursday to do anything. By Thursday, it still had not updated, so I called Best Buy Customer Service, and the guy who answered also had no information other than that the fulfillment center was having trouble getting it in. I said okay and ended the call after being told that I might be able to get a discount if the item was not delivered, but as the day went on I realized how unhappy with the situation and lack of information I was given, so I used the customer service chat function to once again contact customer service. This time, I got the same answer, with the additional information that "don't worry, my money is safe with them" - which did little but make me angrier. On Friday, the day the item was supposed to be delivered, I once again contacted the chat service, and this time was given useless answers meant to placate me, and more or less told to just wait once again - even once I said straight out that I was unhappy with the situation and wanted something to be done, I was told she just couldn't do anything.

First of all, if the item was not available to ship, it should not have been an order option, and it definitely should not STILL be an option to order on the site at a higher price. If someone ordered one that is available at Open Box Excellent Certified status now at the higher price, would they receive an item by their expected ship date while I wait for mine? 

Second of all, in no way should the money have been withdrawn from my account when there was not an item available to ship. Someone on the Best Buy Customer Service chat function tried to tell me the money hadn't been taken yet, but I can look right on my banking app and see that the money - which is not a small amount of money, especially for a college student, was taken out the very next day after I placed the order.

Third, I am a college student. Not only is a full month a RIDICULOUS time frame to give someone to get an item that they ordered (which, may I add, already had a longer than normal expected delivery date), but since I attend school not in my immediate area, there is now a chance that I won't be living at this address when the laptop finally ships. And, since I am a college student, the ENTIRE purpose of this laptop was for use AT SCHOOL. And if I don't receive the item until February at a different address than I would be living at, then using it during this semester would be impossible, and I would have spent multiple hundred dollars on the latest and most pointless Christmas present to myself ever.

While I understand that sometimes these things happen and items are unavailable for a period of time, the timeframe and the fact that I went for so long without any information or updates is disappointing and quite frankly upsetting. Not to mention that chatting with two different best buy employees the day before it was meant to be delivered only left me with the information to more or less "just wait and see if it shows up". This has been one of the worst customer experiences that I've ever dealt with, and if this is how Best Buy treats their customers then I have no desire to ever do business here again. 

When you order an item, it is more than reasonable to expect that item to be available to be ordered, and apparently that was not the case here. Between lack of updates, my money being taken from my account before the item was shipped, and now a ridiculous timeframe with the item still available to order online (with a delivery date of January 11th or so), I'm in disbelief that I was actually given an estimate of February 3rd. This is quite frankly infuriating and I don't know if I've ever been so disappointed in a shopping experience in my life, but as my old laptop recently died and I will be going back to school within  two weeks, I am sincerely hoping someone might be able to help me in making this right. 
Highlighted

Order Marked In-Store not Shipping, called but still hasn't shipped -> need it now

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to see if there's something I can do to get the computer I purchased nearly 5 days ago (1/6) shipped to me by Saturday. When I purchased this computer, I said multiple times I needed it shipped to me, as I was going to college and would not have a car. Unfortunately, the guy I bought it from in-store did not seem to get that (I guess watching the Chargers NFL game on his phone as I ordered wasn't the best approach to customer service), and the product was marked for pick-up near my school. I called to change the order on Tuesday and they said they couldn't because it wasn't under my name, it was under my dads (which is strange because I am an adult and I paid for it with my own money, alone). So I called the store yesterday and they changed it.

Now, as I am tracking my order, it still isn't shipped? I needed this for school 3 days ago -- I am writing this message at the library. I would like my package to be shipped tomorrow with 1 day shipping so that I can do homework this weekend and not fall too behind. I am already tempted to call my credit card to cancel the purchase and just buy it expedited on Amazon, where I can be assured that my products will be shipped to me, and on time.

Thank you.

Best Buy Should be Ashamed Loose Shipping

We received our Chromebook this week loose inside a box within a box with virtually no protection or cushioning in either box. I now wonder how damaged my computer will be or how long it will last. I understand that I bought an open box but never would have imagined that open meant no packaging or protection when shipping. It is hard to believe that someone with your company would ship an electronic device so loosely with no protection. I am let down and will not be purchasing anything else from Best Buy.
Topics: 1,060
Kudos: 774
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 258

Re: Best Buy Should be Ashamed Loose Shipping

You are fully covered by the manufacturers warranty and or the return and exchange policy if something does not work out. 

However that does sound bad if it did not ship with protection. A Best Buy mod will be reviewing your post and taking your feedback. 

Computers should be protected in shipping.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Worst Service by Best Buy :

[ Edited ]

I have placed order for Camera with order id {removed per forum guidelines}  which was supposed to reach me yesterday 01/23/2019. I even got an email which said item delivered . Since then i have been calling UPS my leasing office till today 01/24 . When i contacted customer service the supervisor was arrogant in saying he is the highest person that i can talk and wants me to call carrier to get my item delivered. THis is bad man is this the way you convey to customers ?

And i need this item delivered to me by yesterday which i was planningt to take for my holiday trip. 

I WOULD SHARE THIS M Y FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES AND LET THEM KNOW HOW BAD IS BEST BUY SERVICE . 

Unsatisfied with BestBuy

You have a false advertisement with your "next day shipping", I got a message that the next day was delayed for whatever reason and stayed like that for a whole day. So I decided to change my order to in-store pickup because it said that it was going to be available today Jan 23. The store closes at 9 PM and it's 7:54 PM, I called at 3 PM and an employee said it will be available in a few hours! Well, my order is still stuck in "order received", what the heck is going with my order. This was supposed to be a birthday present from my mom for college. I'm extremely unsatisfied with BestBuy! 

email sent that my order had been picked up?????

[ Edited ]

I received email today 1-23-19 that Emily {removed per forum guidelines} had picked up her order and it was my email that it was sent to.  Seveal hours later i chat online and they say it was just a mishap????  whatever....  then tonight around 7 i get a phone call from Minneapolis, MN 612-291-2200 asking me about it and saying order was never picked up...  something is wrong here.  The person used two different cards (MasterCard)  neither ended in my number.  I still dont know what happened as the phone call person said both transactions were cancelled, but my email said it was picked up.  It was a $600 computer. 

I lost my Order Number.

I pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts 3 for Ps4 at my local Best buy for store pickup.  But my email account deleted the email that had my order number.  I checked out as a guest, so i can't look it up.  Please help.

Best Buy Kiosk Receipt

Hello-

On november 24th 2018, I purchased a pair of Sony WH-1000MX3's in black from the Best Buy express kiosk in the San Diego Airport. I love the product, but I just need a receipt. Can someone please generate a receipt for me?

Thank you

Delay without explanation or new date for delivery. And NO Compensation.

[ Edited ]

I Bought a Ipad pro 11 Jan 17. Order {removed per forum guidelines}. and it was supposed to be delivered Jan 21. One day before de delivery it shown in the site that there was a delay. Now shows that it was "shipped on Jan 21" but the UPS code for tracking say's that there is no estimate for delivery date because they haven't received the product. I called support and they have no information in what happened and that if "i don't receive it in 30 days" they will refund me". 

So now they have over 1000.00 dollar of mine and I have no product and I can't cancel the order and buy it somewhere else. Crazy. There is nobody that can help me to solve this problem when I call the support. I didn't know Bestbuy was so bad in service and with delays. Never again. And I will have to wait for the product to arrive and wait time going to the shop to get refund.