Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Marshalls Gift Card Not Activated

On 11/5/2017, I purchased a $50 Marshalls gift card at Bestbuy.com. I've tried to use the gift card recently at Marshalls, but I was told that the gift card has not been activated. I've chatted with several agents and talked to numerous people on the phone, but none of them helped. They said that since it's been almost two years, they cannot refund my money. I understand that Bestbuy has its own refund policy and I should've checked my balance sooner. But how could a company like Best Buy sent an unactivated gift card, which is literally just a plastic card without any value on it, in the first place, and say because of the refund policy, they cannot issue a refund nor a replacement card. Please help. I do have the physical card with me and Marshalls has confirmed that the card has never been activated. Thank you in advance. 

Highlighted

Re: Marshalls Gift Card Not Activated

Resolved!

I've talked to a very generous agent over the phone just now and I'll be getting a new $50 GC. He mentioned that he was able to do it because I was an Elite Plus member. 

So, if you purchase any GCs at Bestbuy.com, be sure to check the balance ASAP; there are a lot of bad reviews of GCs being sent without activation. Don't make the same mistake I did; I learned the lesson the hard way.