Add Product

Search Results:

How about NOT popping credit card offers during check out?

Your site barely works as it is with bots utterly dominating the retail purchase experience.
I'd LOVE to get a bestbuy card... if only I could buy SOMETHING with it.

So how about this... when users ADD TO CART...
HOLD THE ITEM UNTIL THE CHECKOUT IS COMPLETE INCLUDING THE CREDIT CARD APPLICATION. Yeah? Makes sense doesn't it? Kind of pointless to sit for hours to get item in cart, go into checkout phase (which says your item is locked but loses lock once you leave to credit card application), only to be denied after approval of said card because item is now out of stock. GENIUS!

If you can't hold stock through the entire process.. you're wasting time and credit scores signing up for cards for items you can't even sell. Stop poping road blocks to legit customers who just want to buy an item quicly before bots do.

Rediculous.
(also thanks for the generous limit.... of which I'll never be able to spend)

Topics: 1,300
Kudos: 713
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 308

Re: How about NOT popping credit card offers during check out?

Best Buy has security measures against these so called "Bots" so I'm not sure where you think there are automated processes purchasing items as all items are first come first serve on the site. Even if an item is "Held" it still is not a guarantee as other transactions may have completed since you held an item and it may not become available.

As far as the application process, It could possibly be done before purchase? Yes many stores have apply now and get finananced today offers but most do inquire about the card before purchase Smiley Happy

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

I know this is true because I belong to bot groups as a study of their operations.
While typing this complaint I watched several bot operators posting publically to twitter with purchases made that same drop.

So please save your canned responses about "best buy beatin bots" That's a patent lie.

As far as then application process... yes I could have. The point being it was popped up DURING an active checkout breaking the checkout process resulting in a loss of item.

[ Edited ]

Check the pop up contents in regards to "held items"

It clearly says
"PRO TIP: If that works (which it did), checkout as fast as you can. It won't be reserved until you ARE IN checkout" Guess what.. I was in checkout. And it was not reserved through the process as advertised on the site.

Check the screen shot.

{removed per forum guidelines}