Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Charged Twice!?

I made a purchase on the Best Buy app and tired to use Apple Pay. This apparently did not work (even though the money is shown as taken from my account) because I was asked to verify a payment method by entering my debit card. I was then charged AGAIN. How can I get my money back!?
Highlighted
Topics: 51
Kudos: 251
Solutions: 140

Re: Charged Twice!?

You're probably seeing both the initial authorization and the actual charge.  Banks usually show these two as the same thing despite the latter being the only action that removes money from your account.  Authorizations usually expire after a few days, but your bank would be able to verify whether that's what happened or not.  Try reaching out to them, and if it was actually a double charge, they can advise you on next steps.

Authorization Process

I am a former Best Buy employee. While here to help, the opinions presented by me on this site do not represent the views or decisions of Best Buy and its affiliates. Authorized company representatives identified with -BBY after their names are able to address specific concerns or inquiries in greater detail.

Remember to Kudo a post if you like it, or Accept As Solution if it answers your query!