Add Product

Search Results:

Canceling an order?

Hey, so I recently purchaced a video game through the best buy website. Everything is good, but the problem is I've realized that I've used my own name in the checkout process, when the apartment complex I'm living in will only accept mail under my father's name, since the apartment is in his name. It's already been shipped, but I know it's just going to be sent back before it gets to me. Is there anything I can do? I checked out as a guest, so I don't know if that helps at all. I still want the game, I just need to change the name on the order.

Topics: 1,108
Kudos: 775
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 267

Re: Canceling an order?

Why will the apartment complex not accept mail under your name? I have never seen a rule why you cant get mail there as long as the address is valid. This is a strange situation for sure. 

Does the apartment complex screen mail coming in, or? 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Re: Canceling an order?

It’s a really shady apartment complex. I’m not sure why they do it, and I’m not sure it’s completely legal, but I’m moving out in a month so I’m not going to try to do anything about it. It just sorta sucks for now.