Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Can't place a phone upgrade order for my Sprint account

Mentioned in the title. I input my credentials for my Sprint account but when it asks me to verify via text or email I don't receive the text. When I use the email option, the site says "Please try again we had an issue, but is should be fixed now." Sadly, trying again results in the same message.

I'm not sure how long the offer for the phone is going on for (not sure if it's part of the promo ending today), but this issue has been occurring all evening and the online chat support system keeps failing.

Emerging Expert

Re: Can't place a phone upgrade order for my Sprint account

try logging into your sprint account from Sprints web site. Just to verify you are using the correct credentials.

Make sure you browser is accepting cookies

If your using Internet Explorer or Edge as a browser, try Chrome instead

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

The website makes you verify your phone number, zip, and Sprint PIN and that goes through to the verification page which is where I'm running into this issue. Running into this issue on chrome & firefox and 2 different PCs.

I spoke with support and they were unable to figure it out, but the representative at my local store helped me figure it out. This issue was caused when T-Mobile changed my sim card from a Sprint sim card to a T-mobile one. Due to this, Best Buy cannot do upgrades on your account (and T-Mobile still restricts phones on your account even though you have their sim). I was able to get my old phone reverted to a Sprint sim at a local T-Mobile store and after doing so, it fixed the issue and I was able to place my order through Best Buy.