Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Best Buy and their Website is the Worst

[ Edited ]

Elite Plus member.  Spent over $26k this year alone on my Best Buy card.  Requested to be notified of the 3090 Founders edition being in stock. 

Constalty refreshed the website, and when it finally came into stock, I was not able to add to cart for about 10 minutes. 

Finally somehow got it into the cart, but of course was not able to check out.

You would think for a company that makes a lot of technology sales, you would have a system in place that would not allow scalpers to buy out your inventory while Elite/Elite Plus members are sitting there while their certificates are expriting.

This is who Best Buy sells to, instead of customers who spend a lot of money in their stores.  This is the last year where I'll be using my Best Buy card.

{removed per forum guidelines}

Highlighted
Topics: 1,188
Kudos: 622
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 286

Re: Best Buy and their Website is the Worst

Being Elite or Elite Plus has no bearing on preferred status to buy something you are out there to fend for yourself and everyone else as Best Buy is running a first come, first serve model. Sure there are scalpers out there but Best Buy will also limit the quanitity of items or cancel the items if its determined to be an unacceptable sale.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted

Re: Best Buy and their Website is the Worst

Actually, Best Buy advertises Elite Plus members as having access to "Special Sales and Offers." 

You would expect these to be items that people want, and not Ipad covers and items that they are trying to get rid of.

Additionally, they advertise Elite Plus as having a dedicated number.  Every time I call the "dedicated" 866-797 number, it gets routed to the regular support.  It absolutely has no bearing on being an Elite Plus member, like they are fooling people.

At the end of the day, how hard is it to offer high demand items to customers who have reached a certain status?  Credit Card companies do it.  Best Buy is far behind other companies when it comes to rewarding their customers.