Add Product

Search Results:

Frequent Contributor

Re: Best Buy and The JemJem Scam.

I actually agree with the Apple hater Smiley Happy If you compare a high end PC to Apple's products the high end PC will out perform and outlast the apple. The trouble is most people tend to buy a cheap PC and complain when it is slow and only lasts 2 years. Smiley Happy apple wouldn't even be that bad (their u.s. based support is great), but their business model is horrid. Even on these forums you will see people complaining Best Buy sold them a laptop that's 5 years old already. That's because for example apple sold the 2012 macbook into early 2016 and only updated the box it came in.

Your opinion on Apple and your push for PC windows  ( I shutter and hurl)  I get it,  different strokes for differnet folks.  Seems both statements are more to do with Best Buy abusing the Apple agreement than anything to do with Apple.  Yes Apple costs more,  but a BMW costs a lot more than a VW both do 65 on the freeway, one great and covered for years of service the other has a limited shelf life with charges for everything.  ( got Norton?...Got viruses...)   It's a human choice we all have them.  I'll stand by the quality fo an Apple product as long as they keep out the infectious disease known as Microsoft and the PC mantra.  

No viruses No virus protection  goes a long way...

I even said my next OS is going to be Ubuntu and he is still calling me a Windows shill, lol.

Apple costs more because of branding, and branding alone.  You're paying a premium for a glossy external case.  The product isn't more quality, it's just how many layers of gloss they put on the outside, and the prominent Apple logo centered for all to see.  It's a purely psychological business model.

Tell me which has a limited shelf life, if a part breaks on a PC, you can swap it, replace it, for very cheap, and then keep going.  If a part breaks on an Apple, you have to throw the whole $3000 system in the garbage and buy a new one.

PS: Windows gets more viruses because more people use Windows, so it's a far better target, you can hit more people.  But OSX is also quite a juicy target, and gets hit with malware as well, just not as much.  "No Viruses" is a total and complete myth.

dont kno what ubuntu is dont care   we all have differnet ways we use computing.  Ive never played a game on my computer  I am a writer a filmmaker an editor and photographer  I use adobe and writing docs.  It has worked for me for 26 years I see no point in changing over to a more challenging system and I have zero interest in programming and games.  I do finds Apple support to be impressive as is Adobe support  Best Buy Support is in just terrible.  and the company Jem Jem is criminal.