Add Product

Search Results:

no longer a customer

earlier this week I needed to buy a new washer and dryer for the P.T. clinic where I work. I went to the Best Buy on Central Expressway in Dallas. I went in without a mask and nobody had an issue. I am fully vaccinated AND had covid so I have double immunity, natural immunity as well as immunizational immunity. there is absolutely ZERO scientific reason for me to wear a mask, so I don't. I found that there were no appliances in stock which met my needs. the very helpful associate suggested I go to the Best Buy outlet at 635 and Midway. I did. I found a large warehouse with exactly 4 people in it, including me. I looked around, nobody offered to help me so I walked to the corner of the store where there were 2 employees. I began to tell them what I was looking for when one of them interupted me to ask if I had a mask. I told her I don't wear masks... she said "we're not going to help you unless you put on a mask"..... so, I walked out of there with my company's corporate card in my pocket, drove to American Freight in Allen and spent $1340.00 there. I don't anticipate ever going into any Best Buy again. 

Topics: 1,338
Kudos: 697
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 311

Re: no longer a customer

Best Buy is a PRIVATE store so they are free to enact their own rules. If you don't comply they will ask you to leave to store. It is not political or personal it is a PANDEMIC which they are trying to protect ALL customers who visit their store.

Your understanding in this matter is most appreciated.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Re: no longer a customer

uhhh yeah. I'm quite sure everybody knows that best buy is a private company and is free to enact their own rules. 

as it turns out, I'm a private citizen and I'm free to not give my business to compaines that restrict my rights. fortunately, there are many other places to buy washers and driers that don't. if you actually read my post, you would know that the actual best buy store where I went first, had scores of people in it and nobody demanded I wear a mask. the best buy outlet, which was as big as the regular store had 3 employees... and me. 

I have a news flash for you; the pandemic is over. since The Governor of Texas lifted all mask mandates, covid cases, covid hospitalizations and covid deaths have gone consistantly down. the petty peon who was working in the outlet store was protecting no one. for her, it was personal and political. and she cost her employer a customer. from what I hear, best buy ain't doing all that great as it is. paying people to kick paying customers out of their store is probably not a wise business decision.