Add Product

Search Results:

Re: iPhone 7 UNV still says LOCKED.. SIM NOT SUPPORTED.

HI! universal iphones work with any network but if you activate it on a gsm network for the first time it will lock to that network  like tmobile, att, atc, in order to work with their sistem. if you want your iphone unlock,tell them that your iphone is  universal and you want to unlock it and they will do it I hope you understand what i'm trying to say because i'm an spanish speaker and i'm learning english still

Hola mrgarcia, tambien hablo español....
soy de Ecuador, inserté mi SIM de movistar en el teléfono y no es válida. como sé a que operadora se bloqueó para pedir desbloqueo???
me dijeron que solo funcionaba con operadoras de EEUU....

Olá, estou tendo mesmo problema, neste exato momento, você resolveu seu problema? Apple muito menos a Bestbuy resolveram pra mim.

READ BEFORE BEST BUY DELETES THIS POST TO CONCEAL THEIR MISTAKES

Cheers fellows,

I have come to see that most of us who have fallen into the grave error of buying an iPhone 7 at Best Buy undergo similar inconvenience. 

As many of you may presume, I have also joined the club of those fooled by Best Buy and its deceptive marketing pretexts

Just a week ago, at one of your stores in Washington, DC (4500 Wisconsin Ave NW, 20016), after asking several times if I could use iPhones they sell wherever I am around the world, I was assured that it would be the case.

I then opted for a so-called "universal" and "unlocked" iPhone 7. I paid the full price.

You would anticipate the rest of this story of someone fooled by the so-called experts: Once back in Turkey, I saw that my sim-card would not be supported in this so-called universal device. 

A quick research online reveals that the only universal trait these devices have are that they are of universal lies most probably aimed at tricking customers into purchasing them. 

I imagine that as they knew that I would travel outside the US, they did not condescend to tell the truth. It would have been a fair deal and a customer saved should they have let me know beforehand that these devices are only unlocked within the US and not universally sim-card free. 

Liars.

I deeply deplore that my trust in your services has been manipulated absolutely. So has been that of those who're members of this club.

I will never shop at your stores again. Nor will I ever recommend my friends and colleagues to do so. 

For those interested: How did I put this to an end?

- Much wow and thanks to the guideline my friend AdrianoDias provided here.

- Get a Verizon simcard from the US.

Insert no other simcard until then. This includes other US cellular service providers as they may have varying activation/locking/unlocking policies compared to Verzion.

- Put the Verizon simcard in.

- Activate your iPhone.

- Insert your local simcard.

Voilà!

Not with my best regards,

Hey Anuj, did you manage to solve this issue? I'm facing the same problem. Will really appreciate some help!

[ Edited ]

@anuj1089 wrote:

I bought an iphone 7 128gb from BestBuy at Queens Bvld on Sept 23rd, 2016. Paying Full price to them and they confirmed it to be working through out the world at any gsm carrier and unlocked. I landed today at delhi, india i.e. 6th oct, 2016 and i tried putting my vodafone sim, it says SIM NOT SUPPORTED.. really disappointed. also i just saw its very common problem with many people who have bought the phone from BESTBUY as they mislead it to be unlocked. And still practicing the same policy. WE DONT HAVE BESTBUY IN INDIA. and under no cirumstances i can ship it back to USA. please solve the problem.. as soon as possible.

Good Morning!
On 06/15/2017, I bought an Iphone 7 128GB, at the Best Buy store of 850 Cobb Place BLVD NW Kennesaw, GA 30144, for $ 799.99, IMEI - {removed per forum guidelines}, and the device was unlocked, for all operators And that the same would work in Brazil.
It happens that when I arrived in Brazil, I inserted my SIM card from the telephone operator TIM and the device does not recognize and says that the device is blocked by T-mobil.
In contact with T-mobil they will affirm that there is no lock by the phone and in telephone contact with assistance Apple Brazil, will confirm that the device was bought unlocked by the full price, but was blocked by the operator, being responsible for the unblocking by the dealer BEST BUY.
So I request the unlock code of the Iphone 7 128 GB, IMEI - {removed per forum guidelines}, I buy it in the Best Buy store of 850 Cobb Place BLVD NW Kennesaw, GA 30144, for the value of $ 799.99 or contact by email {removed per forum guidelines}

Olá Evan, tudo bom?

Também sou brasileiro e também estou com o mesmo problema com o iphone. Aqui no Brasil o chip da vivo não funciona. Você conseguiu resolver o problema?

Obrigado

thank you Adriam. you are THE MAN! your advice was spot on. i used a verizon sim, and did all the steps you wrote and now its working. All the geek team at best buy need you to betheir manager

people pls help me am having same  problem i take the phone oversear is not working 

Hi Isha,

Wonder if you found a solution this problem. I am dealing with the issue and haven't found a solution yet.

Thanks,

Jaishree