Add Product

Search Results:

Re: iPhone 7 UNV still says LOCKED.. SIM NOT SUPPORTED.

Man....this seems to be a recurring theme with Best Buy. My wife was travelling to the US and bought an iPhone 7 from BB in McAllen, TX. She specifically asked if it was unlocked AND if it could be used in India with an Indian sim card. And the guy there said yes.
So either best buy is purposefully giving wrong information in order to make a sale no matter what, or their staff is woefully ill-informed.
Either way, you guys need to get your act together. Basically I own an 800$ brick. Because this was bought more than a few days ago and my wife just came back to India. No way I'll make the 14 day deadline.
Now to find a way to jailbreak or whatever in Mumbai. But what a crap experience with Best Buy.

Verizon sim: real solution

I have the same problem like you my iphone 7 is locked to tmobile. Hope someone can help us.

Hi - I believe I am in similar situation with T-Mobile . can you please let me know how did you go about getting it resolved ?

Please share in case your issue is resolved / next steps you followed

Did you issue got resolved ? Please share how 

hi! my auntie bought an iphone7 through their company under best buy and gave it to my daughter as a gift here in the Philippines, but when we are about to activate it the device says "sim not supported"....what is the best thing we could do? my daughter is so excited about her gift and it made her feel so disappointed knowing she couldn't use it on their travel to hongkong disneyland

Anonymous

I'm having the exact same issue.  Bought a Verizon model iPhone 7 and was informed by the associate that it would work on any carrier at any time since it was paid off.  Come 3 months later, I'm finding out that my T-Mobile sim locked the verizon model to T-Mobile.

Now I'm stuck with a T-Mobile locked Verizon phone with everyone passing the blame off onto others.

Best buy need to make it clear and need to conduct correct business practice!, when you sell unlocked is mean unlocked! in plain simple English mean the "PHONE CAN BE USE TO ANY CARRIER AROUND THE WORLD"!!!! is not unlock and limited for us carrier only! that's not unlocked!

People buying unlock phone for 1000 reasons and not in the interest of Best buy business practice policy bulls only limited unlock for certain carrier! don't let your customer be a subject of your policy! when you sell the phone as an unlock phone that phone is supposed to be unlock and be able to function anywhere around the world with any sim card from any CARRIER!

Returning it is not an easy task either because I shipped the phone that supposed to be unlock to overseas and now the phone is not working because is locked to T-mobile usa! and T-mobile will not releasing the unlock code because the phone never been activated to the network!

This is causing so much headache and money to resolve this!

And I want BestBuy to compensate the for the lost of shipping money and the unlock fee !

I as customer feel betrayed and blindsided with this business practice!

why can't we get what we paid for without any conditions or limitation....?

Just to share the solution to my case. T-Mobile blocked my iPhone 7+ and reported that it could not unlock it because it was not purchased in its stores. I contacted Apple and after insisting I was able to talk to the advanced support. I detailed that I bought the iPhone 7+ with full price at Best Buy and it should be unlocked. I asked to check the US RESSELER status before the T-Mobile lockout. After verifying all the information, they requested to send an email with the proofs of purchase of the iPhone 7+ with full price. After a few hours, the phone was unlocked and working with my carrier in Brazil.