Add Product

Search Results:

Re: iPhone 7 UNV still says LOCKED.. SIM NOT SUPPORTED.

Its not gonna work using verizon sim because the iphone 7 is already locked to tmobile. I have the same problem like you i used tmobile sim to activate the iphone 7. I'ved asked my brother in law to send me a verizon sim it doesnt work.  I called apple support and explain what happen and the senior advisor put me on hold so he can talk to the t mobile i was asked what t mobile number i used to activate the iphone and the serial number/ IMEI number and he told me i have to wait 24 hours they will send the procedure thru email. So my advice to you is call apple support and let them talk to the t mobile. 

I got the same problem . I called Apple and they said they cant do much in this but advised me to do factory reset but it did not work but then I put one old At&T sim and it did work and the phone activated too but soon I removed that sim and put back my Indian sim it says SIM authentication required. I did factory reset and put that SIM back but still the same ... I had only one SIM in India that is AT&T ... I dont know weather I made mistake putting At&T sim and I should have put Vorizone SIM which I dont have here ... I dont know what to do now .... got stuck ... please help me if some got any other solution ....

By activating to At&t your phone is now locked to them, so now you should request to unlock your phone
AT&T Unlock your device - https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/
I hope it works for you! goodluck

Do u think if I now put Vorizone SIM in my mobile would make any difference ?

After alot of search and reading i concluded that you are tied to the policy of the carrier you activate your phone to(At&t in your case), so i doubt verizon would make difference right now, but obviously nobody really understand what they did to the phones even apple( in my experience ) so if you have got a verizon sim card in your hand give it a try!

I did sent request to Att and they gave me this anser " Dear Sir, Thank you for contacting about unlocking your Apple iPhone 7 A1660 device.

We're unable to approve your request because the IMEI number provided doesn't match a device that's currently on the AT&T network.

To make sure you have the correct information, recheck the IMEI number by dialing *#06# or check the device settings." my IMEI no is correct ... I had straight talk SIM last time when I went to USA and in that sim kit they give three different nano SIM and the one I used to activate my Iphone was written as For At&T locked phone or any GSM so I m asuming that was AT&T but I m not sure

I called apple again and they said your phone is locked to At&T

Same problem but I solved like Adriano:

1- Buy in ebay (USA ) a VERIZON sim for iphone activation ( used o new but must say for activation), then you have to wait 20 days until the courrier send your package.

2- Then, put the verizon sim, activate the iphone

3- Restore your backup if you have a previous iphone

4- Then when everything in the iphone 7 is working ...

5- Replace the Verizon SIM with your local SIM

6- FINISH and working.

I bought an iPhone 7+ from Best Buy as SIM Free (Universal) during my travel to US. Here in Brazil, after I noticed my local SIM Card did not work, I read some messages in forums saing I would activate it with a SIM Card from a US Carrier. So, I inserted my T-Mobile prepaid SIM to activate it, but it seems T-Mobile locked my iPhone. I am trying to unlock it since 20th november. First, T-Mobile told me it should show usage to request the unlock. I am using my device for 15 days, sending text messages and making calls, but still no usage. Today, T-Mobile told me that it will not work because I bought my device at Best Buy and T-Mobile will not able to make a request to unlock my IMEI as my device was not bought at T-Mobile Store. The problem is that Apple told me that my IMEI is locked by T-Mobile and only T-Mobile can unlock my device. What can I do?

This only work at FIRST activation.
If you unlocked with other than Verizon, be sure that you will have to contact the carrier to use another sim