Add Product

Search Results:

Re: iPhone 7 UNV still says LOCKED.. SIM NOT SUPPORTED.

I have the same problem. I bought iphone 7 on 1st november in Houston.

Now I´m in south america and travel to europe next week.

Impossible to return the iphone to US.

I used to recommend  my friends Best Buy for purchase electronics. NO MORE. Best Buy dont want to solve our problem. These apologies to all the people with this problem from customer service are 

NOW 

ADRIANO:

1. I have no Verizon SIm

2. I will order a new sim via ebay.com

3. Do you think this Verizon car ( not avtivated ) COULD work for your solution???

Thank you for be part of this forum. You really help the people!!!

Hi,

I had the same experience as the others on this thread having purchased an iphone 7 at Best Buy in Illinois after being assured by the sales assistant that the phone would work in my home country (Ireland).

Can someone confirm that buying a Verizon SIM card from ebay for delivery to Ireland (I presume it can't be activate as Verizon is not in Ireland) will solve this issue?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!!

Voce nao tem um chip da Verizon ou da At&T pra me enviar nao? Nao tem aqui na minha cidade (uberlandia/mg)

Hi Anuj. 

Did best buy ever offer a real solution to your problem ? I am in a similar situation and feeling frustrated. Please let me know.

Regards,

Isha

Sounds like you were sold a paid in full carrier phone intended for one of the popular American cellular providers such as ATT, TMobile, Sprint, or Verizon.

What is the exact model number of your device (Settings, About, Model Number)?

Had you gone to an acutal Apple store instead of BestBuy then the salesperson would have understood what you were trying to do and would have given you honest and correct information.  But you unfortunately went to BestBuy where the sales staff is enither poorely trained or trained to decite customers, particularly those that are from overseas and will have no recourse or ability to return their bad purchase.

My friend bought 2 iphone 7 in Best Buy Alexandria Louisiana the guy who sold the iphone told him that its a factory unlocked and it will work here in the Philippines but when got here i used local sim card it didnt work SIM not supported. I called apple and told me that the iphone is locked to Tmobile. Best Buy dont even help us... Dont buy iphone in best buy specially if you gonna use it outside the US.

I have managed to unlock the iPhone 7 that I bought at Best Buy. Following a suggestion on this thread, I bought a verizon SIM card on eBay and inserted it into the phone. This activated the phone, even though Verizon isn't a carrier here in Ireland. I then put in a SIM card from my local carrier (which is called "3"), and the phone is now fully operational. Thank you to everyone who helped sort thois out!!

Looks like my phone was not locked to any carrier, but just be be activated with a US SIM card.

Model number is MN8P2LL/A.

When I received the Verizon SIM I slotted it in and the phone activated. I was then able to swap to my local SIM and everything has been fine since. I had also done a restore first, however i don;t know if this is needed.

I don't know if your problem is solved till now or not. But for all those facing same problem, I would like to share my experience. First of all remember that best buy is a bunch of illiterates. The sales person and even the store managers are not aware that the iphone sold by them can be used in all countries or not.  I bought an iphone7 from Best Buy, port Arthur, TX. I clearly mentioned them that I want to use iphone 7 in India and the sales person  assured me that it will definitely work but actually it didn't worked. Writing several emails to store manager was just a waste of time as he was a bigger dumb. He kept me assuring that the iphone is unlocked and should work for sure and not ready to believe that it is not working in India.

My problem was finally solved by apple care team after asking for receipt. Initially they also refused to help and ask me to contact the seller but the seller (best buy) was itself ignorant.

So if anyone has bought iphone from best buy or any other seller in full price i.e not under contract price keep contacting your apple care. They have got all the keys.

I suggest everyone never ever to buy iphone from best buy. always buy from an apple store.

I also have the same problem. I bought an Iphone 7 in Rockville. I used a T-mobile SIM-card to activate it. When I returned to Brazil it was impossible to activate it with my SIM card (Claro). I already called Apple, Best Buy, T-mobile and everyone say that they cannot unlock the device. I don't understand how people from Best Buy are not trained for this information. Many many people with the same problem when the cellphone was bought at Best Buy. It is unbeliveable. When I add T-mobile SIM card here in Brazil, it works well. I don't know if I add the Verizon Sim card it will unlock the phone. Somebody knows?