Add Product

Search Results:

Re: iPhone 7 UNV still says LOCKED.. SIM NOT SUPPORTED.

I had the same problem but my iPhone is work now.. do you know what is your iPhone carries ? There is no point to contact BestBuy or Apple because they don't deal with unlock. If you know anyone in USA, ask them to contact ur phone carried, explain to them and ask them to unlock for u by providing them IMEI number. Also if your iPhone is lock to AT&T, try this website
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

Just follow the instruction :-)
Good luck :-)

Same problem here too bro...im distrsught...lemme know if u find or found a solution

Hey S2illy434, Where are u from? same thing happened to me! The thing is... i don't even know what carrier my "unlocked iphone 7" is supposed to be! Smiley Sad 

Question... so if i go to best buy and find out that my iphone is "T-mobile" (or whatever)... i just need to go to T mobile and they'll help me unlock it?

Topics: 2,984
Kudos: 662
Solutions: 492

ATTENTION FOLKS!!! THERE IS AN EASY AND REAL SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM!!!! I had the exact same problem and after many many emails, phone calls (Best Buy, Apple, Unlocking Service Companies, etc etc etc), web searches and conversations I finally found the simple and easy solution: the UNV phone has a US RESELLER FLEX PLAN linked to it on Apple's system. That means it's waiting for a US SIM CARD to be inserted for it to be linked to a specific carrier. Before that happens, it's really going to be impossible to unlock the phone! Well... I inserted a VERIZON Sim Card (since Verizon has a policy of NOT locking the iphones), did all the configuration process with the Verizon sim card in it and after that guess what??? PROBLEM COMPLETELY SOLVED!!! It now works perfectly with my Brazilian Sim Card. BEST BUY, please inform your customers (like myself) better and help them solve this huge problem and inconvenience created by YOU!!! Good luck to you all!

By the way... I imagine you will be able to configure your iPhone no matter what US CARRIER Sim Card you use, but some carriers will probably keep the phone LOCKED to them right away.... and you will end up needing to pay someone to unlock it. So choose the carrier of this Sim Card wisely!!! I recommend VERIZON because I know it works perfectly!!!

Yep, that's it!!! This US RESELLER FLEX PLAN means that initially the phone is not linked to any specific carrier, but it will only accept a US Sim Card. Once it's inserted, the phone will automatically be linked to THAT SPECIFIC carrier, and I guess the locking/unlocking policies of that carrier will be applied. What I can assure you is that once I inserted the VERIZON Sim Card the problem was completely solved!!! Right away!!! We did reset the phone to factory configurations after being able to configure it, but I have no idea if that was necessary or changed anything (probably not). Hope his helps!!!

Adriano!

Você está no Brasil agora? Estou sofrendo com o meu Iphone 7 e um sim card da T mobile,sem nenhum resultado. 
Como poderia adquirir um chip da verizon já no Brasil? Tem ideia?

Aguardo!

Muito obrigada!

Kamilla.

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you!

After two calls to Apple, one call to Best Buy, a trip to authorized Apple Reseller, several technicians, many hours with Movistar, trying another SIM card, with nothing working, I used your solution.  Worked like a dream!

Cannot believe that in all the "experts" I talked to, no one knew this.

I am in Costa Rica and bought my phone at Lady Lake, Florida.  No way I can return it.  I am in CR full time.

To get a simcard from the carrier of US cellular can fix it as well.