Add Product

Search Results:

Re: regards Unlock Iphone &

HI Ganesh,

Did you find a solution to this. I have teh exact issue in hand. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks in advance.

Best,

Jaishree

Re: iPhone 7 UNV still says LOCKED.. SIM NOT SUPPORTED.

Hi,

Totally agree with your email. But I have one question - this solution of verizon is untill you dont insert any ther sim card, correct? I already used T-mobile in the United States, and now I try to use my Indian sim card, it doesnt work. Will verizon sim card help me even at this stage?

Thanks!

Valued Contributor

If you used TMobile In the US then the phone would lock to T-Mobile. They would need to unlock it then.

I'm in the same case.

I bought an iphone 7 from BestBuy at Millenia Bvld last Friday. Paying Full price to them and they confirmed it to be working through out the world at any gsm carrier and unlocked. I tried putting my sim, it says SIM NOT SUPPORTED.. really disappointed. also i just saw its very common problem with many people who have bought the phone from BESTBUY as they mislead it to be unlocked. And still practicing the same policy.

please solve the problem.. as soon as possible.

Now my email it's correct.

I'm in the same case.

I bought an iphone 7 from BestBuy at Millenia Bvld last Friday. Paying Full price to them and they confirmed it to be working through out the world at any gsm carrier and unlocked. I tried putting my sim, it says SIM NOT SUPPORTED.. really disappointed. also i just saw its very common problem with many people who have bought the phone from BESTBUY as they mislead it to be unlocked. And still practicing the same policy.

please solve the problem.. as soon as possible.

[ Edited ]

RESOLVED:- i wanted to share my experience as i was in  the same boat as described in this board.

on 28 nov 2016,  I bought iphone 7 plus model a1661 from bestbuy in southern california and paid full retail price when i first bought the phone.Please note that the phone was meant to be used with verizon.But because i paid full amount and verizon DOES NOT LOCK any 4g phone so  the phone was unlocked and apple says that a1661 is a world phone.moment i took out the phone from the box i put in AT&T Sim and used till today 19 sep 2017

i kept using the phone till today and 2 hours ago i put in a SIM Card which  belong to  a carrier which is in another country.I experieced the same issue .SIM NOT SUPPORTED.i put my iphone in DFU Mode but still no help.My iphone would only take AT&T Sim,no US Based carrier or any other carrier worked on my phone .

i called verizon and explained to them .fow 1 hour verizon waisted my time and then tranfferred me to their global support who promied to call me back.but they didnt. Lesson learned :never use verizon.

then i thought of calling AT&T and  just ask if my phone is locked. guess what AT&T had locked my phone .WHICH IS ILLEGAL.what if i had to go out of US and when i try to use anyother SIM card, my phone wontwork.what if i am in life threating siituation and because AT&T had illegally locked my phone without my permission i couldnt call for help.?

i asked AT&T Why would you lock my phone.they gave be no good answers.just said for security reasons.

AT&T Told me that it will ttake 24 hours to unock the phone.i said no way.anyway AT&T Unlocked my phone rightaway.

no any SIM Card is working on my phone.

So its not Bestbuy issue.its your carrier issue.No matter what carrier say ,tell them to unlock the phone.

I bought an iPhone 6S plus 32gb from BestBuy #1413 at Highway Cypress, Texas on August 9, 2017. Paying Full price to them and they confirmed it to be working throughout the world at any gsm carrier and unlocked. When I landed in Brasil and I tried putting my Vodafone sim, it says SIM NOT SUPPORTED.. Really disappointed. Also I just saw its very common problem with many people who have bought the phone from BESTBUY as they mislead it to be unlocked.

Since that moment I found out that the cell phone was locked impossible to use in Brasil and for me was impossible return to United State in 14 days to follow the Best buy policy within 14-day Return and Exchange Promise.

To formalize and follow the Best Buy Policy I sent email for Best Buy and in the same day I received the ticket number with my complain within in 14 day ( August 23).

Since then I'm trying to solve my problem without successes.

I tried call many times in the Best Buy store in Huston -Texas, but due the Hurricane the phone wasn’t working.

I tried in T-Mobile, Apple and nothing.

I tried also in the T-Mobile, Apple, but they said for me that is not possible solve my problem because my cell phone is UNIVERSAL and NOT UNLOCKED, and there just one way, talking with Best Buy.

I´am sure the seller had a mistake to take the cell phone in the stock, instead of take the cell phone UNLOCKED he took the cell phone UNIVERSAL, that’s so many different, because the UNIVERSAl working just in the united states and UNLOCKED in BRASIL.

I have sure about this because we were in 2 people traveling on business, and in the airport way we stop in the Best Buy store #1413 at Highway Cypress, Texas to buy 2 cell phones, We asked for the seller 2 cell phone UNLOCKED that will use in Brasil , we payed FULL PRICE , and the seller confirmed for us that´s  OK.

My cell Iphone 6S Plus should be UNLOCKED, but when we arrived in Brazil after some 3 days I tried putting my Vodafone sim, it says SIM NOT SUPPORTED.. Really disappointed

My friend bought the Iphone 5 and he tried putting the Vodafone sim, it says OK, he was so happy.

With this situation for me is clear that seller have a mistake in moment to pick up my cell phones ( iPhone 6 Splus) in the stock, He picked up the (UNIVERSAL) cell phone, and for the IPhone 5 the seller picked up the cell phone correct in the stock( UNLOKED)

Now I have a Friend in the United State during 2 weeks with my cell phone to try the solve my problem and I really need the Best Buy support to exchange my cell phone please.

sorry to hear about your issue.

What is the reason that you called Tmobile? Did you use Tmobile Simcard  in the iphone when u purchased the phone.

from my knowldege  its not best buy issue.Even if it is then bestbuy cannot unlock it.you need to figure out which carrier had locked it.

Do you remember  which carrier SIM Card you inserted in the iphone while in US ?if so then the phone  gets locked to that carrier whose SIM Card is inserted first. Also note that the carrier can lock the phone in a way that it cant be used outside USA and will work on any carrier within USA.

First figure out which carrier locked the phone.Call Bestbuy and ask if they can help locate the carrier that has locked it.Eventhough the phone is universal carrier can lock it.

Law is that carrier cannot lock the phone if you paid in full.i  will suggest calling At&T as well to confirm if they have locked the phone.

It doesnt matter where you are,you can unlock iphone if carriers unlocks it thru itunes.Make sure you have latest itunes available.

other method is to jail break it.i am pretty sure it will be very cheap in brazil

Hi Answering your questions.
I have never insert the T-mobile SIM in my phone, the problem is when i arrived in Brasil I find out the cell phone was locked, so i called in the apple support and they inform me that´s cell phone is locked by T-mobile and should be necessary call in T-mobile to unlocked the cell phone.

Due this i called in T-mobile, but they said is no possible unlock de phone and they suggest me call in the best buy.

I really need solve this problem, but Best Buy, T-mobile and apple , no give me the support necessary, and form it´s clear that´s the mistake was in the Best But store when the seller was pick up the cell phones in the stock he picked up UNIVERSAL instead of UNLOCKED.
Because of this for me the responsability to solve my problen is of the BEST BUY, and I am waiting the answering from them.

Its good that you have a confirmation from Apple that phone is locked with T-mobile.try to get written confirmation from apple that phone is locked with Tmobile and send that confirmation to t-mobile.try getting apple,tmobile on a conference call if possible.i know it might be expensive to call back to USA.

Tmobile is pretty easy to get the phone unlocked.the issue might be that because the locked phone never get to see T mobile sim ,so t mobile might not know yet that phone  is locked by them.

How many times did u call tmobile?  I would suggest keep calling tmobile again and again and try to get different person on customer support.ask them to transfer you to their “GLOBAL Support”..be as much admant as you can .do not hangup the call.Email Tmobile as well about your issue.tmobile is the only one who can help u.

Also keep trying bestbuy customer service as well.i am sure bestbuy would have helped if u were in US.While u r in brazil they cant help much.

Did u ask about jail breaking iphone in Brazil