Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

iPhone 7 UNV still says LOCKED.. SIM NOT SUPPORTED.

I bought an iphone 7 128gb from BestBuy at Queens Bvld on Sept 23rd, 2016. Paying Full price to them and they confirmed it to be working through out the world at any gsm carrier and unlocked. I landed today at delhi, india i.e. 6th oct, 2016 and i tried putting my vodafone sim, it says SIM NOT SUPPORTED.. really disappointed. also i just saw its very common problem with many people who have bought the phone from BESTBUY as they mislead it to be unlocked. And still practicing the same policy. WE DONT HAVE BESTBUY IN INDIA. and under no cirumstances i can ship it back to USA. please solve the problem.. as soon as possible.

Valued Contributor

Re: iPhone 7 UNV still says LOCKED.. SIM NOT SUPPORTED.

Since the phones are only unlocked for US carriers, you would need to send it back within 14 days from purchase date to receive a refund or return it to a best buy.

Sir. how that can be possible sir.. am in INDIA now.  And the selling person at the store told me its unlcoked worldwide. I even told him, that am from india. still he said it will work...

Frequent Contributor

You do have 14 days to process any returns or exchanges on mobile phones. You may have to send it to the states to someone to return for you or come back for the return. Or you may end up stuck with the device.

This is a serious issue sir.. Kindly do not run away now by just mentioning your bestbuy policy. Many people like us got stuck with the phone now. and we have already paid a huge price for it.

Also i just mentioned that i bought the phone on Sept23,2016 and today is Oct6th,2016.. How on this planet the retun can happne in 14 days from date of purchase.

Frequent Contributor

Sorry I didn't see the dates you had posted I just read
What your issue was and was trying to provide a solution. Maybe you can sell the phone to re coup some money.

Sir.. Selling phone because it was bestbuy who screwd up.. Who will pay me for this locked phone now. why are you giving me such a ridiculous remedies. do you have any idea what you asking me to do.??? i paid alsmost $820, get me a solution.. This is so not correct on bestbuy part. You are misleading the buyers..

also bestbuy stands responsible for my loss in this case. you people have mislead me and many others, and now you are giving such ridiculous solutions... so so disappointed.. Please send me the email address of your higher official, i wil surely bring up this case to them also.

Frequent Contributor

I'm just another posting on this forum you will have to wait for a moderator for an actual response. I'm just throwing out ideas