Add Product

Search Results:

Re: iPhone 7 UNV still says LOCKED.. SIM NOT SUPPORTED.

It is Best Buy fault in respect to not explaining how their "unlocked" phones that they sell actually work.

When you buy it from them it will accept any SIM inserted BUT won't activate the phone unless it is US Carrier sim card.

Now the issue that follows with that is unless it's a Verizon sim that "comes" with unlocked to any carier policy, your UNLOCKED phone will be LOCKED to that sim carrier. So your next best sim choice after Verizon would be AT&t since they let you file for unlock online (not sure if sim has to be for active line for them to see that iphone activated on their network though, if yes you're looking at more mess to follow).

I don't think rest like Tmobile and forbid Sprint will follow with unlock at all since they have tougher requirements.

Bottom line if you get unlocked iphone from Best Buy stick working postpaid Verizon sim in it (prepaid might give you issues too) BEFORE leaving US with it (borrow one from your neightboor is you have to lol) and once it activates under it you should be good to go, otherwise you will be hunting it down later on anyways.

Frequent Contributor

For what.

Olá vc conseguiu desbloquear seu telefone ? Vai neste mm conto do vigário lá na Best Buy e morri com o iPhone x

Ichavecthe same problem I am tired to write and call I have no fund to buy a new ontem in Brazil , Best Buy is not solving my prolblem and gauging tô me a terrible Xmas

Não !! A best buy não resolveu até agoara e nem vai resolver, pois mesmo indo pessolamente na bestr buy eles me disseram que a politica é dentro de 15 dias após a compra para resolver meu problema, como já se passaram dos 15 dias, eles não podem fazer nada.

Hi. Do you mind if you share your follow up after getting locked to T mobile? Thanks

BechayGomez, Do you mind if you share your solution how to unlock your t mobile?

I came to his page thinking i was just unlucky and that something was wrong with my phone.
I, like everyone else here made it very clear in purchasing the phone that it was for use outside of the US and the teller said the would not pose an issue.
i would like the contact details of a higher individual with whom i can pursue this case further as the possible solutions being recommended are nothing short of a disgrace.
Why not give strict instructions to all employees that the phone cannot be used outside of the US in stead of SCAMMING hardworking people like myself and everyone else on this forum out of their hard earned money

IT IS A COMPLETE DISGRACE!!!!!

Hi

The only way to unlock the iphone is to use T-mobile for certain periods and call them back again to unlock it. It will then take about 2 working days to get a message from t mobile that you need to reset your iphone. It took me at least 60 days to unlock my phone and i need to get someone in the US to send me a card from T mobile. Other networks may be not required to do this.

The other way that has been suggested is to use R sim. You can buy this online and you will be able to use your iphone straight away.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Hello. I bought an Iphone 7 at Best Buy Orlando in March 2019, they sold me as "Unlocked" I have the voucher. I put my Brazilian chip and it worked normally. Yesterday I needed to restore ipho and it reports that my sim card is invalid. I called Apple and they said that it is blocked by Verizon. 

But I talked to Verizon and they told me it wasn't blocked by them.
In an international survey, I got the following data:

Can you help me?