Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Victim of a scam at my local Bestbuy

Yesterday I went to my local Bestbuy and purchased a i5-9600k cpu by intel, when I got home and tried to build my pc that night I couldnt get the cpu that I purchased from Bestbuy to fit into the motherboard. I went online in search of answers and saw a video in which the cpu that person had didnt match with the one I got from my Bestbuy. It appears that someone that works at this store or possibly a customer who purchased it and then returned it as “never opened” is committing fraud and scamming potential customers who purchase these products. The cpu I got is one that was substituted into the box for the real one and they just slapped a sticker onto it and it made its way back to the shelves of my store. I was denied an exchange for the cpu because it isnt the original part, and no exchanges showed up on their system for a return on that product. I went ahead and purchased a second one with my own money and left since they refused to exchange for the fake one that they sold me. I never thought that I would ever have to worry about purchasing a brand new product from Bestbuy but now I will have to open every single thing I purchase from them right in front of an employee to make sure I am never scammed again.

If theres anyway I can get any help in this I would appreciate it. More then anything I want the people responsible for this fraud caught and dealt with. Thank you.

Re: Victim of a scam at my local Bestbuy

Re: Victim of a scam at my local Bestbuy

The issue has been resolved and I received my refund. Id like to thank Dina from the corporate line for helping me with my problems. Smiley Happy