11-14-2019 09:59 AM
First I'd like to say thank you for taking the time to read my post. Also, I tried searching for my exact issue but I kind of found other posts similar to mine but they were out dated or not as unique as mine.
I purchased a Macbook Pro 15 on October 23, 2019. Since I am an Elite member, my account shows the item is returnable until November 21, 2019.
However, I have travelled outside of the US and won't be returning before the return window closes (and I will be gone for a few months).
I called customer service and they only handle online purchases apparently and could not give me an answer as to whether I can return the item via mail or not.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to go about it? I have pegged some scenarios. I need to act fast because of the return window closing really soon! Here are the proposed scenarios:
1. Best Buy lets me return the item via courier to their returns center in the US.I pay for the shipping obviously. Then once received they process the refund and all is good (not sure if this would work but like I said the call center didn't say this was possible).
2. Instead of the returns center, I return the item to the same store where I bought it (Houston, TX). This may or may not require speaking to a store manager. Same thing, I pay for the shipping and they process the return and refund.
3. I send the item to a friend who can go to a Best Buy store and return the item on my behalf (but in a different state, in this case MN instead of TX). Refund could be to original payment method. Heck I would be willing to send my credit card that I used just so they could swipe it for the refund. Or put the refunded amount on a gift card or something. I am not sure how they would process the refund. If you anyone can chime in on that, that would be great too.
4. If a refund doesn't work for option 3, then maybe an exchange would work. In that case I can ask my friend to exchange the item from the store, and pay the difference etc.
5. If for any of the mail in return options for a refund are not possible, then an exchange scenario can apply there too.
These are the only things I could think of and I would if anyone could help me out because I am running out of time!
Thank you so much in advance!
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-16-2019 03:31 AM
No responses? Really?
I mean I am sure there are many other legitimate cases that occur and surely there must be some kind of hope in resolving something like this.
11-16-2019 12:20 PM
Hi there, beemir,
Thanks for taking the time to connect with us about this! We completely understand how important it can be to make a return. We also appreciate you being an Elite customer with us and hope that you are enjoying the many benefits associated with that status.
It is accurate that when a purchase is made in one of our Best Buy stores, it must be returned to one of our Best Buy stores. You should be able to return it to a store of your choosing, provided all other aspects of our Return & Exchange Promise are met (ex: the product cannot be damaged).
In your examples, numbers 3 and 4 would be our suggested course of action. Upon receiving the laptop, and proof of purchase, your friend should be able to take this to their local Best Buy to perform a refund or exchange within your Return & Exchange Promise. If refunded, this should be processed back to the initial payment method, or a store credit, depending on what you choose.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Also, don't hesitate to Private Message us if you would like us to take a closer look at your specific purchase!
11-16-2019 12:58 PM
Hi Austin, I will be sending you a private message so that you can indeed look at my order and confirm a few things before I embark on this return scenario.
11-16-2019 01:20 PM
Hi Austin, just wanted to let you know that I have shared the details of my purchase with you for confirmation before I proceed. I would appreciate if you could reply at the earliest. Thank you again in advance.
11-16-2019 03:07 PM
12-16-2019 02:15 AM
We were able to come to an amicable agreement while understanding that Best Buy's policies should be strictly adhered to and it is completely at their discretion whether they can or will deviate from their existing policies. That being said, they were very cooperative and actually do strive to help everyone out. Thanks for your help!
12-16-2019 11:36 AM
Thanks so much for the update! I'm super happy to hear that we were able to find a positive resolution for you on this.
Please reach back out if we can ever assist you in the future.