Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Refund issue

Best Buy refund was declined by my bank due to incorrect expiration date. My bank said they can’t do anything to help and Best Buy store customer service said they can’t do anything else in store as it’s all automatically processed. Please help!
Highlighted

Re: Refund denied by bank due to wrong expiration date, customer service is no help

Hello,

This just happened to me and I need help as well! Same issue, got a notice that the refund was declined due to wrong expiration date. My bank said nothing they can do and it’s all on Best Buy. Person as the Best Nuy store didn’t need my card, they just processed the refund using the receipt.

Thanks,
Josh
Highlighted
Topics: 2,976
Kudos: 647
Solutions: 488

Re: Refund issue

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I've never seen a bank decline a refund, is everyone here using the same bank? Is it an online only bank?
Highlighted

My bank is online and I haven’t had an issue with a refund prior to this. I’m hoping I can call and talk with someone on Monday.
Highlighted

Also, I see on another post that a BBY replies and wanted the persons contact info so they can investigate. I’m hoping that happens on my post!
Highlighted

Update on this, the refund posted to my account today! Very odd situation. Perhaps when Best Buy initially scans the receipt for a refund it dings your bank, but doesn’t actually give all the CC details until the refund is fully processed by them.