Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Refund Not Delivered

On the second of November, I preordered three games in store, paying $5 each. One of them was Tetris Effect, which was slated to release on November 9th. Either that day or the following week, I went to the store where I preordered my item to pick it up. I was told by the employee that there had been a "shipping error" and that the store had not received my game for me to pick up. They told me I would receive an email within a few days when they got the item in their next shipment. Okay, fine. 

Jump forward another week when I walk back into the store because I hadn't heard anything regarding the order. Another representative at the service desk tells me that the order was cancelled. Great! Best Buy cancelled my order without notifying me and without my consent. The associate was unable to print me any sort of confirmation that the order was cancelled and that I would be getting the refund for the money I put down. They said I should see it back in my account within 9 business days (as also stated on the Best Buy website) from the date of cancellation, which was November 18th. 

Weeks pass. Nothing. Call the customer service number, as associate advised, to get receipt of cancellation and verification of pending refund. Customer service associate was very rude and just kept repeating the same things to me - this time that my refund would take a 'billing' cycle from the date of cancellation. Explained to the person over the phone that I had paid with a debit card, not a credit card, and that I should have received the refund by now. They just repeated themselves over and over. Promised to email me what they saw on their screen, an image of pending refund for the cancelled preorder. They never did this. They even went so far as to blame my bank for not having received the refund - even though I had cancelled a preorder myself in the store and got the money back within a few days (different game.) She just kept repeating herself, expecting me to suddenly appreciate what she was saying, so I hung up with her. 

That was last week. I decided to try the customer chat on the website. They told me to call customer care. I expressed that customer care had not helped me, and the associate on chat just said 'so glad I could help you!' 

Needless to say, I am irate with this experience. It shouldn't take this long, nor this much effort, to be refunded for an order that Best Buy cancelled without my knowledge or consent. I want my money back! 

Re: Refund Not Delivered

I just wanted to leave an update on the issue - I was able to get in touch with the store's manager via email and she manually provided me with a refund to my debit card. Thank you.