Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Unlocked phone can't be activated

David this is not you. It’s not the soup. This is Best Buy stealing our money. I’ve experienced the same issue. My fiancé bought a phone last December, he lives in another country. Used his sim in it. It worked fine. Now that we want to get an American sim, because he lives here now, it’s not allowing it. No one can access the phone to get a sim to work. Best Buy could care less, but obviously took our money initially. I’ve called three separate times and no one even seems to understand what is going on. Best Buy should not be selling phones that are not able to be accessible. Shame on them.
Topics: 1,944
Kudos: 1,019
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 361

Re: Unlocked phone can't be activated

@Angrycustomer20 wrote:
David this is not you. It’s not the soup. This is Best Buy stealing our money. I’ve experienced the same issue. My fiancé bought a phone last December, he lives in another country. Used his sim in it. It worked fine. Now that we want to get an American sim, because he lives here now, it’s not allowing it. No one can access the phone to get a sim to work. Best Buy could care less, but obviously took our money initially. I’ve called three separate times and no one even seems to understand what is going on. Best Buy should not be selling phones that are not able to be accessible. Shame on them.

Even if the phone was "Unlocked" phones sold by Best Buy are intended for use in the USA only and are not intended for international use. It sounds like the phone is locked to the carrier which the SIM was activated on. In this case you would need to contact the carrier it was activated on to get an unlock request to make the phone work. Otherwise any carrier you try and use to activate would fail on that phone. 

Best Buy Forums Super User since 2008. Please note I am not employed by Best Buy and I answer questions on my own time. If you find something helpful please add kudos to it. Should something solve your issue please remember to mark inquiries as solved.