Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Product Availability

This isn’t a problem unique to Best Buy, but a common brick & mortar affliction; product availability.
We recently purchased a robo vac at Best Buy, with which we are pleased. However in using our vac, it ran thru water puddles by the dog dish. The water absolutely will cause the dust filter to clog.
No problem, I got online and saw that Best Buy was showing a replacement kit for $39.99. Our closest Best Buy store is less than 5 miles away, so ran down to pick up a kit. Guess what, they had no replacement kits for any of their robo vacs!
I said WTH to the salesperson. He quickly said, “our store is only so big we can’t stock everything, but we can order it and have it here in a couple of days. Being an online shopper, I declined and said I’d order it myself.
As it turns out, I ordered it online for $15 less and it will arrive the next day.
My point in writing this is to encourage brick and mortar stores to align their in-store products with online replacement and support products at the sale of the item, offering some incentive to do so.
I would love to support local business, but being continually disappointed by lack of store availability, I’m morphing gradually into a thing that sits on the sofa and types in Amazon on the IPhone and waits for tracking and my Ring doorbell to tell me to get up and go to the door.
Perhaps you could market shopping at Best Buy as part of a healthy exercise program? Oh yeah, my wife suggested a pop machine too. She hurried me out of the store when I was trying to buy a tv because she needed to get to Sonic to get a drink.
Oh well, I can order one on Amazon.
Highlighted
Topics: 22
Kudos: 157
Solutions: 119

Re: Product Availability

The sales associate was 100% right that retail stores aren't built on unlimited square footage, therefore they can't stock every single item sold online). However, I can see why you'd be upset at an item being marked as "available" online, only to find it wasn't there in the store. Most often, this is because the last unit was sold fairly recently and the in-store inventory system hasn't had the time to update what's listed online. Hopefully next time, things will be smoother for you.

I am a former Best Buy employee. While here to help, the opinions presented by me on this site do not represent the views or decisions of Best Buy and its affiliates. Authorized company representatives identified with -BBY after their names are able to address specific concerns or inquiries in greater detail.

Remember to Kudo a post if you like it, or Accept As Solution if it answers your query!

Highlighted

Re: Product Availability

I don’t think you understood the total intent of my complaint. Amazon has cut a wide swathe through the market place and is effectively drawing away would-be shoppers from brick n mortar shopping. I found myself not even bothering to drive to a retailer because most likely I can have the item available and at my door in 48hrs, especially when local availability is iffy.
That said, there are many times when I need an item “now”. Seeing it readily available online, but not in a store is discouraging to say the least. I do understand the cost of inventorying items that don’t sell quickly, but if I owned Kohl’s , Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Sears, etc., I would have one central inventory for all these stores in population bases of 50K or more that could deliver most items to the store within hours, not days. That way the “ got to have it today” people can call ahead and generally expect to have the product available quickly.
Perhaps it’s a moot complaint and this is just the demise of brick and mortar and the evolution of how we will shop in the future. I’m really a little sad to see it myself, but I’m a creature of convenience that will go with the flow . Good luck.