Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

No refund on debit card since Nov 9, 2018

Let me preface by stating that I've been a Best Buy customer since the beginning of time, give or take. And my experiences have generally been good. Except...

Nov 8. My daughter and I purchase a cable modem router from BB in Florence, KY on daughter's debit card. 

Nov 9  Turned out this was not needed and so it was returned to the store, unopened, with receipt. Return cheerfully accepted and return receipt obtained.

No Refund for quite a while...

On the 21st of Nov. I called Best Buy a total of 6 times:

1. Called Corporate told me to call the store and get help from there. Also suggested I call my bank and 'see if the refund is waiting in their queue'
  2. Called my bank (a tiny credit union) and as my 28 years with them suggest, they process incoming refunds in real time. No queue or waiting.
  3. Called Florence store that told me unless we go there they can't help, and we should call Corporate
  4. Called Corporate that told me the refund policy is up to a billing cycle (30 days). I told them of my experience calling Florence. They gave me the name of a manager there.
  5. Called Florence again and was told that there is nobody by that name there and in any case the local store managers have no access to such records, and I need to call Corporate (again)
  6. Called Corporate again (twice). Was told it can take up to a billing cycle, give it time, etc etc. 

Today I thought the omens were favorable and called Corporate again. No difference. 30 days. 

In all interactions I provided the Customer PIN at the bottom of the receipt and they were able to look up the return. But they were not able to tell me anything more than that. They seem to be stuck on '30 days', 'billing cycle', and so on. Best Buy's own web site indicates a much shorter wait time.

It's 2018 last I checked, and not 1988. Nobody in 7 calls has been able to provide one bit of assistance. Let's hope the forums will be a bit more helpful. 

I really want to know (a) where is this 30 day / billing cycle documented on Best Buy's web site and (b) is there no internal control system that shows the status of the refund? To us adults $100 for a month isn't too bad but for a college student it is a lot of money. And said college student bought the router locally instead of using The Big Mail Order place... So we're trying to help a brick and mortar business and this is our reward?

Come on, Best Buy. You can do better.

Re: No refund on debit card since Nov 9, 2018

Refund showed up on November 27. That's 18 days after the return was made in case anyone tracks such things.

Re: No refund on debit card since Nov 9, 2018

And the crickets we hear are the responses from the social media support team...