Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Re: Lost $500 to Bad Customer Service at Santa Clarita Best Buy

Thank you Mel, JJ, and Andrew for taking the time to read through my problem. As I told Andrew, being heard is half the battle.

On the "simple thing," that is exactly my point. Best Buy has hardcoded a tiny window to undo this type of transaction, which leaves two potential fixes. 1) Change the window where a transaction can be adjusted to match the return window (so some similar time frame). 2) Have Best Buy employees emphasize the permanent nature of such a transaction.

A simple, "Ok, so I'm going to go ahead and process this exchange. Just so you know, once this is done you will lose the ability access the promotional pricing on the original purchase. In this case, the laptop you are exchanging retails for $1399, and you will only be given the purchase price of $899. Do you agree?"

I am still hopeful that the value lost can be retrieved, and this experience can end on a positive note.

I wrote to Andrew this morning that I recieved notification that the laptop I had ordered as the exchange is ready for pickup. Has there been any feedback/reply from the Santa Clarita store management regarding my case/issue? I will wait to go in until we have a final confirmation on what, if anything, can be done to remedy this situation.

I am not sure if this is relevant, but the extended return/exchange window for the original order expires this Saturday, January 12th. Is the exchanged laptop held to that same window? Or is it 15 days from pickup?

re: Lost $500 to Bad Customer Service at Santa Clarita Best Buy

I wanted to post a follow up on the resolution of my case. The store management decided that they were not going to take responsibility for their poor customer service, training, and flaunted a "not my problem" attitude when confronted with the facts.

Since Best Buy refused to honor purchase, or remediate the situation, the only right thing to do was have a Christmas Gift! refunded back to the original purchaser. Thanks for taking a wonderful gesture from a family member and making it a nightmare scenario for this customer.

Topics: 0
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 2

Re: re: Lost $500 to Bad Customer Service at Santa Clarita Best Buy

Hi there,

In an effort to close the loop here, please know that we've replied via Facebook. This thread and your conversation via Twitter are both being closed out. 

Respectfully,

Mel|Social Media Supervisor | Best Buy® Corporate
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!