Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Lack of customer service or resolution

I will "KISS". Purchased at TV online on November 29,2019, and chose to pick it up from area store the next day. Arrived at the store, initially, the staff could not find the TV but found it about 20 minutes later. took another few minutes to get it to my truck.  I took the TV home, unboxed it and saw a large crack on the screen. I returned it back to the store within 2 hours and brought it to customer service. Within 2 minutes was told the "crack was consistent with being dropped", I agreed but I didn't drop it. They refused the return. I spoke with manager with no help. Online Support agreed that I should have it returned/refunded but the manager disagreed. I spoke with the TV manufacturer and they agreed but the manager insisted it wasn't returnable. I asked for a store manager but got an email address. I tried to contact that person twice but with no return message.

If there is someone that can help, I can review the situation with dates, names, and quotations. I would prefer to do this privately.

Thanks

Highlighted

Re: Lack of customer service or resolution

Nine days later and no response from the store. I'm losing fate that this company has no concern about providing customer service. Just pass it on to the next person to deal with. To leave decisions like this in the hands of one person's discretion is very troubling. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

They generally (pretty much never) return broken TV's unless they delivered them.
Highlighted

Thanks for the feedback. I will go ahead and cancel my best buy account. It doesn't seem worth it to continue to shop with a company that doesn't value customer service. There are several competitors that would gladly take my money.

Secondly, BB should review the policy of "managers discretion" when discussing returns. I've concluded "discretion" means different things depending on the area of the country you live in.

Highlighted
Contributor

That’s literally what discretion is. They have the final say in the matter based on circumstance.
Highlighted

Thanks for sharing that information. I believe the "circumstances" are whats problematic. After speaking with another manager at a second store, corporate supervisor and the manufacturer representative on the issue, their discretion was to recommend me getting a refund.