06-08-2019 05:06 PM
I have a 72 year old cousin in NYC who lives close to a Best Buy store.
She would like to go to that store and buy some of these Tracfone cards:
Those cards can only be purchased online.
Would it be possible for her to go to the Best Buy store in Flushing, NYC and:
1. Have a sales associate at the store order those cards for my cousin.
2. Select to have the cards to be shipped to that store for my cousin to pick up when the order arrives..
3. Pay for the data card purchase in cash.
My cousin has a GMail account so she will be able to receive the email telling her that the cards have arrived at the store.
My cousin doesn't like to use credit cards, she's very old school. (Yes, I know. It was a struggle to get her to use a smartphone).
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-08-2019 05:21 PM
06-13-2019 03:37 PM
My cousin went to the BestBuy store in Flushing and the sales associate wasn't able to make that transaction. My cousin showed the sales associate our forum conversation.
Here is what my cousin said in her email to me:
06-13-2019 04:01 PM
Thank you for following up with us to let us know your cousin had trouble at our Flushing, NY store completing this order. As we've tested on our end that this should be able to be completed, we would like to reach out to the store to further discuss this. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right corner for my private message.
06-15-2019 03:51 PM
I sent an email to the Flushing Best Buy store and the reply was that their system does not allow prepaid cards to be ordered.
I'll send the details in a private message.
06-16-2019 03:40 PM
To wrap up this thread, here is what I was told by various Best Buy representatives and reader comments on the Best Buy web site.
1. The Tracfone $10 1GB data cards are part of a class of gift cards that cannot be ordered from a Best Buy store.
2. You can buy Best Buy gift cards from a store and pay for the gift cards by cash.
3. Those Best Buy gift cards can be used to buy the Tracfone cards from the Best Buy web site. A customer posted an answer to a question on the Best Buy web page about the Tracfone 1GB data card. That customer said she was able to successfully use a gift card to buy the Tracfone 1GB data card.
4. For some reason, sometimes orders that use a gift card to purchase other cards are cancelled.
5. My cousin should be able to buy a gift card at a Best Buy store and ask a sales associate to use one of the kiosks in the store to complete the purchase. If the PIN number of a gift card is improperly entered 3 times, the card is locked out. My cousin is new to the Internet and it's probably a good idea to have a Best Buy associate help her with the transaction.
6. Because a credit card wasn't used to buy the Tracfone cards, my cousin will have to use her NYC photo ID card when she picks up the Tracfone cards.
All that because my cousin is paranoid about using her credit card for an online purchase. Oh well.
06-16-2019 03:50 PM