Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Horrible return Policies

After months of attempting to purchase a RTX 3090 from best buy, I was finally able to beat the bots and get one. Unlucky for me the card was DOA. Normally it wouldn't be an issue to just return a product to exchange it for a new one. But in today's market 3000series GPUs are extremely hard to come by. My main issue is that Best Buy has nothing in place for this. I was offered no equal alternative products or even to be put in a priority queue to replace my broken item. This is the second time I have purchased a high end PC product from best in which I had to return. This is terrible customer service. Best Buy should have a priority queue for customers who have already paid for a product they bought.

Topics: 1,525
Kudos: 744
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

Re: Horrible return Policies

The good news is that if you have a damaged video card but there are no exchanges available through Best Buy I find that many RMA departments of video card manufacturers offer excellent and quick exchange services for broken video cards.

Back in the day I bought a Geforce MX 4000 video card from Best Buy, I am unsure of the manufacturer of it. Can you believe I was gaming on that low end card? Anyhow the card had a defect with artifacting and there was no more in stock at the time. So I contacted the manufacturer who verified the defect.

Within 2 days I received a replacement card and a prepaid label to send the defective one back in the box the new one was in. And all was well.

So I advise anyone who may have defective cards to try the manufacturer first.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***