Add Product

Search Results:

Displeased with Geek Squad support

On Monday, 12/3, at 10:40 a.m., at the store located at 14610 N Meridian St Carmel, IN 46032, I spoke with associate Jason. I explained that on 11/08/18, Geek Squad had (with my authorization) charged me for an annual renewal of Office 365 Home. I showed him how I was not able to install any of the 5 Office instances on my laptop. When he learned that I had edited my Microsoft account, replacing the default email I'd used to purchase the subscriiption with a different email, he told me (I did not record the conversation, so these probably aren't his exact words, but they convey what I understood him to mean), "Well, that's not our problem; you need to take it up with Microsoft." When I asked whether Best Buy would simply refund me the what I'd paid on 11/08/18 so that I could use that money to purchase a new subscription of Office 365 Home with my preferred email, again he said (something like), "No. You'll have to take that up with Microsoft." I've spend several hours trying to succeed in communicating with Microsoft, but to no avail. I'm not going to deal with Best Buy or Geek Squad again if they're not going to perform as simple a transaction as refunding a less than $100 purchase for a product that I cannot consume.

Contributor

Re: Displeased with Geek Squad support

Best buy doesn't refund subscriptions. I do not understand why you can not make it work however. If you to to live.Com and log in with whatever email the new subscription is tied to does it show the new subscription? Can you completely remove all office products (uninstall) and install the new one with the email.it's tied to? You can then add any other email address you like to outlook. Do you not have access to the administration account on the laptop because you can no longer log.into it? The "default" email should not matter. Office 365 does not have to match the log in email on the laptop as you can log into office separately thru office.

Thanks, nckhammond, for your reply. Let me respond to your first two helpful suggestions.

1.) If you to to live.Com and log in with whatever email the new subscription is tied to does it show the new subscription?

No. I cannot log in with the email I subscribed with 4 years ago. Last year, I edited my live.com account: I registered a new email, assigned it "default", and deleted the original one. When I log in to live.com with my new default email, I cannot see the screen Microsoft's helpful support screens show as the one where I should be able to download Office components onto another device. I see one that asks me to enter the Product Key. When I do that, I get a message saying that key has already been assigned to another account, and that I should log in to that account to install Office .

2.) Can you completely remove all office products (uninstall) and install the new one with the email.it's tied to?

I have not tried that. I'm a bit fearful to try.

Contributor

OK cool, the only real issue is you need access to your old email. I'm assuming you know what it was but don't have the password? If you don't know what it was check your best buy account as evidently they used it for office so they must know what it is. Use it at live.Com and select forgot password. If it is tied to a cell phone that you still have it will text you a code to reset the password. If not it gets more complicated. If it was a Microsoft (live.com) email you can call them. If you used a different email like gmail, then you would have to follow the steps to reset that email password, then go back to live.com and have them email you the reset password to that newly reaquired email. Then go to word or whatever and sign out, then sign back in with old account that you just reset.
Highlighted
Contributor

If live.Com says an account doesn't exist with the email.best buy used, try creating an account with it. I haven't tried it that way, but might as well give it a shot Smiley Happy