Add Product

Search Results:

Re: iPhone locket to use in my country

Same here!!!

omo

Re: LOCKED phone sold as UNLOCKED

Dear all, 

I wish i read this message before, I would have not bought a phone from Best Buy. I bought iPhone XS Max together with iPhone watch at Best Buy during my visit to the US and repeated several times to the sales person that I need an unlocked phone that I can use with any simcard anywhere in the World. The first simcard i used was in Switzerland and it worked well. Now in Ethiopia it says the phone is locked and I can not use it, I went to the Ethiopian Telecommunication and they told me that the phone is locked to US Reseller Flex Policy and they can not do anything about it. Their advice is to return the phone to Best Buy. This is exteremly frustrating especially after i told Best Buy that I need a phone that i can use anywhere. I thought the sales person should have known about this and informed me that i can only use the phone in one country. I am not planning to to go to US anytime soon and it very unfortuante that I might not use the phone and watch that i bought for $1800. I promise this would be my last purchase of anything from Best Buy, and advice anyone not to buy anyting from Best Buy if you are only visiting the US. Please let me know any advice that can help, thank you! 

How to Unlock Iphone XR bought in Best buy?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I'm from Brazil.

Recently I was traveling to USA and bought 2 Iphone XR 128 GB.

Payed full price for unlocked devices.

Bought the two Iphones at the store in Fort Wayne.

When I was about to buy the Iphones, someone told me that all best buy phones are locked to the first carrier I join.

So I asked the vendor like 10 times, if it would work in Brazil. And he said that YES it would, he only wasn't sure if I would be abble to change the carrier after I join one, but probably it would work normally because those politics are only for USA.

Now I get back to Brazil and I'm not beeing able to sun those with any local carriers.

The Iphones dont came with a SIM card (since they were suposed to be unlocked). And I never used any american carrier.

How can I unlock the Iphone to utilize local carrier?

Please give correct intructions to your employees. What the did to me was to lie about something they wasnt sure.

Thank you very much,

Alexandre {removed per forum guidelines}

Valued Contributor

Re: How to Unlock Iphone XR bought in Best buy?

They lock to the first USA sim card inserted. It has to have a USA sim card first. After that its up to the carrier of the sim to unlock it, the rules vary by carrier.

Iphone purchased from Best Buy for International Use

I had purchased an iphone 11 pro max from bb store in port arthur on 15-Oct-19. It was a locked phone having US reseller flex policy. I was told by the sales person that altho it was locked it cud be used with any sim card world over, only that it would be locked to the 1st network whose sim i put in it. I put my vodafone india sim in it, post purchase, in the store itself, it showed sim not supported. After that i was told by the sales person that it had to be unlocked by vodafone india. i contacted vodafone, india and they told me that only apple could unlock it. i contacted apple and they very clearly told me that this could only be used with networks in US. Hence, despite best efforts i havent been able to get the phone unlocked. i would want to return it and take an unlocked phone if its available.

I am presently employed on a ship and am likely to visit beaumont on 30/31-Oct -2019. I would be grateful if you could help me with the same. A locked phone is of no use to me. The phone is unused and would be returned in as new condition.

omo

Re: How to Unlock Iphone XR bought in Best buy?

Dear nckhammond,

Thank you for the response. In case of my phone which I bought in the US, the first sim card I used was in Switzerland and it worked well in the beginning. When I travelled to Ethiopia it showed it was blocked to the US reseller flex policy so I could not use it there. Upon my return to Switzerland it continued saying that it is blocked to US reseller flex policy so I cannot use it here too. I went to apple store and they could not help. Do you thing sending it back to the US and trying it with US sim card might help? I bought it in July and already too late to return it to Best Buy, any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks!

Re: Cell Phones Bought for International Use at Best Buy

For all those who had used US/any other sim to activate their iphone and have completed setup already, can simply Reset using “Reset All Setting” and then try inserting local sim, it should work.

For all those who are still blocked at activate step would need to insert any US carrier sim either it be active or inactive (AT&T preferably) and complete setup. Once setup is complete can simply Reset using “Reset All Setting” and then insert your local sim.

Re: They gave me a wrong iPhone 11

Hi Best buy I bought an unlocked iPhone 11 yesterday in USA and I can’t use it with my carrier in Panama.

iphone xr

Buy an iphone xr on the best buy on 02/2020 with an unlock notification.After a purchase made to my home parents and used normally, now that I need to sell to buy the iphone 11 or mobile does not accept my parents' chip because an incompatible yes message appears. Requested or unlocked. Thank you for your attention.

Bought useless iphone by best buy employees mistake

On 14th on nov i bought iphone 11 pro max from best buy store they was litte busy at time so when i ask lady there for iphone she call someone from another department and told her to give him a iphone or sell him a iphone and she show me one and i ask her is this unlocked and told her my situation what i want to do with it and dhd said is it is snd then she ask me which number do you wanna put in it i told her again that I’m gifting this to my friend who is not here in us so I’m sending it to another country make sure don’t put ang carrier lock and give me unlocked i phone that i he can use there she said this is right ond and gift that i phone to my friend and when he try to put sim card in it it was locked and we talk to apple Apple told us to talk to best buy and best buy coustmer services told me to talk to store manager i talk with them all and manager confirm that lady who sold me iphone she don’t know anything about them because she work at another department and ask me if i can return which I can’t because it’s in another country nobody and bring it back here now till march he said you can bring it back before jan otherwise is useless i ask him for refund because it’s not my fault but they never help me in anything. Really bad experience 😡 i lose almost $1200 really unhappy by there service