Add Product

Search Results:

Trusted Member

Re: New Apple SE

All iPhones sold by Best Buy are intended to be used in the United States only. The phones lock to whichever US carrier is put on the device first but can only be activated with a US based carrier. Best Buy is unable to unlock phones at this time.

Then why your employee didn't inform to us.my brother asked did the mobile works in india.your employee told it will work in 8ndia.why he did that mistake.

Then why your employee didn't inform to us.my brother asked did the mobile works in india.your employee told it will work in 8ndia.why he did that mistake.

unlocked phone

Hi! I bought the iphone xs max in your shop but i said i will use in my country i wanted uncloud they said ok it is uncloud but i came to my country and my sim card is does not work so i asked the apple store in my country and they said best buy should do it thank you.

Return IPhone Xr

I bought a week ago a new iPhone xr to use it while traveling in Europe. 

I got told in the store that the phone will operate with a German SIM, however it turned out that the iPhones from bestbuy can only be activated with a us carrier (apple flex policy). I tried a old us tmobile prepaid card, which worked but as soon as I put in the German card the phone does state invalid sim and will not operate. Spent 5 hours on the phone with apple and t mobile and this seems to be a common problem. In the best case t mobile could unlock it when I refill at least 100 USD on the prepaid card (success not guaranteed).

So, cut a long story short, I would like to return the phone once I am back within the 14 day corridor.

a) Am I able to return the phone if I stay within the 14 day window

and

b) will Best Buy charge me the 35 USD restocking fee, even that I got told in the store that it will work?

Thanks for a fast feedback!

Alex

Bought an unlocked iPhone using BestBuy app but it is locked

Hi,

I am an elite customer at BestBuy. I ordered an unlocked iPhone using the BestBuy app. I wanted to share some screenshots here, but couldn't add the images. I received the phone but it is locked to Simple Mobile. I tried looking for an email for customer care, but there isn't. I called on the phone number provided and I was on hold for approx 30 minutes when I decided to cancel and try again. Upon trying again, I could get in touch with an agent after 25 minutes but there is no option for her to see receive the snapshots I have. I asked if there is someone whom I can send the snapshots to? There is no one who can see the proof I have. Now, I have been suggested to visit the BestBuy store to get this resolved. 

This is how BestBuy treats elite customers, I see. Then there is no point for me to stick with BestBuy for every purchase. 

Highly disappointed. I need some sort of resolution before BestBuy starts saying that I should have returned the phone in 14 days of order.

Contributor

Re: Bought an unlocked iPhone using BestBuy app but it is locked

Best buy still doesn't sell unlocked iPhones as far as I know. They lock to the first u.s. some card inserted and can then only be unlocked by the carrier of that first card

Problem

Hello,

I bought an (supposed) unlocked Iphone X on black friday. I paid the full price. When I got to Brazil i could not use it. The phone is locked !!! And tomorrow expires my return term!
I need to know what to do because it is not fair!
Thanks

Locked iPhone XR was sold to me as an Unlocked Phone by best buy

Hi,

I purchased an unlocked full price Iphone XR from Bestbuy in Sterling, VA. I checked with the manager and he assured me that the phone was locked. 

I brought the phone overseas and inserted a local SIM and the phone is locked. I was told that i should not enter a SIM from TMobile, SPRINT or ATT as it would lock the phone.

Now i am overseas and am unable to use the phone as it is locked.

Can you please help?

Thanks,

Re: Locked iPhone XR was sold to me as an Unlocked Phone by best buy

Correction: The sales person at the time of purchase assured me that the phone was unlocked.